Damaged engine. What to do...

INTP_ty

Local time
5:04 AM
So I decided to run straight gas through my 2 stroke. Cheap Chinese kit.

Anyways, piston is all scuffy as well as the cylinder wall.

Someone sells a $149 "performance kit." Should I buy it? Idk if I'm really sold on that reed stuff. And the carb? I assume larger jets? I kind of like my mpg

Idk, buy another chinese kit? lmao

Oh yeah, the carb is broken & the intake manifold is cracked too rofl

Another motor will be cheaper than all the parts you'll need to replace.

So I decided to run straight gas through my 2 stroke. Cheap Chinese kit.

Anyways, piston is all scuffy as well as the cylinder wall.

Someone sells a $149 "performance kit." Should I buy it? Idk if I'm really sold on that reed stuff. And the carb? I assume larger jets? I kind of like my mpg

Idk, buy another chinese kit? lmao

Oh yeah, the carb is broken & the intake manifold is cracked too rofl
Agree with Darwin. Buy a new motor. If I were you I'd just get the whole kit. Then when things break (and they will) You'll have spares on hand and it's cheaper this way. You will also save yourself from nagging wondering of if you got everything cleaned out of the bottom end. The Zeda's are pretty nice and affordable. The smart ass in me want's to say " Have you ever considered a 4 stroke?" Just ignore him. He's a smart ass.

consider a while before acting - some folks that have that many problems just aren't suited for these

If anyone's curious, it lasted about 10 miles before quitting.

When I was a kid I took the engine off my dad's lawnmower an old reel type horizontal shaft Briggs and Stratton and put it on a go kart I had made. When he got home and went to mow the grass he asks mom where I am and is told I'm at the park. He finds me at the park riding a road course I I had worn in the grass. The best part is that is that's when I stopped getting toys for Christmas and started getting tools. I 've been a mechanic ever since. I enjoy it when something breaks. Fix it???? They sell all the parts. If you can't somebody will. I'd do it free. Tom

If anyone's curious, it lasted about 10 miles before quitting.
Really that's pretty good I would have figured less than that anyway do like these guy's said an buy a new one,Dont try to rebuild it the lower rod bearing,crank bearings are all garbage now and will just fail with very little more use and end up costing more in the long run.

Yeah I ordered another.

These things really are junk. Within three weeks, the throttle cable broke, intake manifold cracked, the head cracked, & I snapped half the hardware putting it together rofl

Back