Dang It!

hellhammer

Local time
5:54 PM
It seems I go one step forward and two steps back. I first put the rear sprocket on backward, then I realized when tightening one of the nine bolts, it got stripped, now I cant get it off! I tried putting pressure in it with a sctew driver to get it loose, no dice, I broke my chain tool too. So I am just ****ed and exasperated. I also need a better diagram of the throttle and clutch set up, so I can attempt that as well....3 hrs my @ZZ!!! :sick:

Don't worry bro it will be worth it.... You might have to take a dremel and cut the bolt off. Just take your time you will be glad you did!

Or similarly, drill into the head of the bolt with an electric drill, first a thin guide hole then a 6mm hole or slightly larger. (If larger, don't drill through the sprocket.) The head will fall off with a bit of wriggling.
You might have to hold the bolt from the back while drilling.

When you get the sprocket off, buy another set of decent bolts, nuts and washers. Throw away the cheap rubbish ones.

Which parts of the clutch and throttle setups are you having trouble with?

Last edited:
Or similarly, drill into the head of the bolt with an electric drill, first a thin guide hole then a 6mm hole or slightly larger. (If larger, don't drill through the sprocket.) The head will fall off with a bit of wriggling.
You might have to hold the bolt from the back while drilling.

When you get the sprocket off, buy another set of decent bolts, nuts and washers. Throw away the cheap rubbish ones.

Which parts of the clutch and throttle setups are you having trouble with?

I'm not having trouble with the throttle and clutch yet, I just need a detailed picture or video to guide me through the process. I have a pdf but it's not detailed enough...Thanks for your advice with the bolt deal....

just get 2 pairs of vice grips and tighten that bolt...it will break off and that'll be much easier than trying to drill it out or cut it off.
those bolts are cheap, and they break easy.
do yourself a favor and go get some good quality nuts, bolts and washers and replace all of the ones that come with the kit for assembly.
also, use blue loc-tite and lockwashers on the rear sprocket.

It wont move either way, I tried pushing a screw driver up against the nut to try and move it along the thread, no such luck. I'm going to have to cut it with my dremel tool I guess, but I will get the bolts and nuts at the hardware store.

Regarding clutch and throttle, the clutch only requires that you connect the cable and take out almost all of the slack for now.
If it rolls freely with the clutch disengaged but locks up with good compression when it's released, you're good to go for now. Fine adjustment can follow.

Throttle and carby, take a look at these threads:-
Carburettor Assembly Pics
NT Carb Tuning Basics

It wont move either way, I tried pushing a screw driver up against the nut to try and move it along the thread, no such luck. I'm going to have to cut it with my dremel tool I guess, but I will get the bolts and nuts at the hardware store.

so there are no threads left on the bolt where the nut is now at...the nut is on the bolt but there is not enough thread for it to grab onto?
I think that's what you mean.
If that's the case, you will have to cut the bolt off then.

Back