Dangerous of running WOT?

Local time
7:55 AM
I've got my new friction drive with a Honda Gx50 almost to the condition I want it to be. Just waiting on a new brake set as the current ones are absolute crap, and she'll be good to go for a road trip!

I live in the Phoenix area and am planning on making a three day trip to the Grand Canyon (and a little beyond) on this bike (as soon as I get a few hundred on the odo to learn its quirks. Roundtrip this is about 1000 miles. Wide open my bike will do 33-34 mph and doesn't seem to stress at all, and so I'm wondering if it's feasible to run her WOT all the time on this trip, except when the engine is cold, and I make sure to change the oil atleast twice within the three days.

Is this a terrible idea? I've ran my cars wide open through the empty desert as fast as they would go with no issue ever for extended periods of time, but I would always make sure everything is in perfect condition. (coolant, oil, filters are clean, etc.) Given this is my first gas motorized bicycle, I'd love any input. As these are meant for weed wackers I'd imagine they are pretty tough little motors?

They are fine running WOT provided that they are maintained, I ran my 100cc Briggs bike with no governor (from the factory they are governed at 3400rpm) going 8-9k RPMs daily with zero issues, even ran deliberately with low oil so that I get the most rpm out of it. These engines are very tough and can be run 24/7 provided enough gas.

I've got my new friction drive with a Honda Gx50 almost to the condition I want it to be. Just waiting on a new brake set as the current ones are absolute crap, and she'll be good to go for a road trip!

I live in the Phoenix area and am planning on making a three day trip to the Grand Canyon (and a little beyond) on this bike (as soon as I get a few hundred on the odo to learn its quirks. Roundtrip this is about 1000 miles. Wide open my bike will do 33-34 mph and doesn't seem to stress at all, and so I'm wondering if it's feasible to run her WOT all the time on this trip, except when the engine is cold, and I make sure to change the oil atleast twice within the three days.

Is this a terrible idea? I've ran my cars wide open through the empty desert as fast as they would go with no issue ever for extended periods of time, but I would always make sure everything is in perfect condition. (coolant, oil, filters are clean, etc.) Given this is my first gas motorized bicycle, I'd love any input. As these are meant for weed wackers I'd imagine they are pretty tough little motors?
As long as the load is set to the spin ( rpms aren't sky rocketing and engine ain't luggin'), and the mix is correct, along with air rolling over it, You'll be just fine. Ever seen a weed eater crap out? How do we run 'em, WOT. Load is in line with engine rpms for producing power, a/f mix is on par, and enough air is being shoved over the fins, it will run till empty, and do it over and over all day and night long. Then add in the fact you have a superior engineered engine vs a CG, you're going to be fine for years to come as long as you do the upkeep.

Keep your oil changed you will be good, as cheap as oil is I personally would change it about every 150-200 miles since engine is fairly new.

Since you can't change engine drive ratios on the fly, engine rpm is everything. With these engines there's a safe operating rpm. Going down hill means the engine will be over revving at WOT, risking engine damage. Climbing steep hills means the engine may be put under a strain dropping below max torque rpm, risking engine damage.

With a techometer you can see exactly what your engine is doing.

To keep from over revving throttle back some. You shouldn't go beyond what max horse power rpm is rated at.

To avoid engine strain, a multi geared bicycle is better than a single speed. This way you can be in the most efficient gear ratio to pedal assist the bike up to max torque rpm at WOT.

Take it to where the motor sounds like it isn't stressing. No sense risking the engine going south.
What route are you planning?

Back