Dax 1.5" friction kit - Tanaka 40cc - DH bike

I've been in the garage alot these past two days since I decided to switch engines from one bike to the other.
Now the Rocky Mountain RM7 has the Tanaka 40cc on the front & The Banshee Scream has the 32cc Tanaka on the back.
I'll end up riding the Rocky Mtn more often as my daily commuter & the 40cc has a bit more power especially coupled to the low friction v-belt drive. It also perfectly matches the color scheme of the bike (Black/Orange).
Will get some new pics & upload them soon.
-Lowracer-

Here are the new pics of the changes made to both bikes.
Cheers
-Lowracer-

Attachments

• Banshee and Beast.jpg
    Banshee and Beast.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 542
  • Banshee w32cc.jpg
    Banshee w32cc.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 540
  • The Beast w40cc.jpg
    The Beast w40cc.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 567
Swapped engines back again. I like the way these engines run mounted normal style instead of rotated gas cap up high.
-lowracer-

happycheapskate,
I remember reading on here yesars ago that flipped to the cylinder sideways position causes a richer mixture somehow. It was one of Bamabike's posts & he was building mB's, riding mB's, & selling them. I've mounted 3 Tanaka's both ways with & without the expansion chamber exhausts & get a better running engine in the normal, cylinder up position. Also filling the Tanaka 40 while out on the road was a bear with the cylinder sideways. I dont carry a funnel & it was needed. I would rest the front wheel against a curb turned fully to the right & hold the right handlebar grip while laying the bike all the way over on its left side & would still spill some fuel...lol
Sticking with the traditional position...
-Lowracer-

Thanks for the info. It's possible that having the carb on top of the engine let air passing over the carburetor create a slight vacuum, which would make for the richer mixture.

I like having the 1 gallon tank. When it gets down below 40%, I just add oil from a little bottle I carry, and gas it up at any filling station.

I did over 100 miles today on the MB using it for work purposes. I carried 4 MSR bottles each holding 20 oz. & have some fuel left in the tank. I ordered 2 more larger MSR 30 oz bottles to carry on my lower fork legs with the Two Fish quick cage adaptors & 2 Profile bottle cages...Will post some pics when the 30 oz bottles arrive (now got the 20's in there)...I too carry small glass vials full of oil to make 20 oz of emergency fuel.
-Lowracer-

I got the bottles full of pancake syrup from Cracker Barrel. haha. They are 1.5 oz each and sure were tasty (maple syrup). Then I just soaked them with pine sol and water and put 2 stroke oil in them for my cargo box.

HCS,
I love Cracker Barrel...So glad they just opened up a new one near my home.
Thats a good idea re-using the syrup bottles.
I bought 5 of these on eBay for a few bucks made of glass w/a nice seal in the cap.
Cheers,
-Lowracer-

Attachments

• for 2 stroke oil.jpg
    for 2 stroke oil.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 449
Back