Carby Dax Carb

trader said:
FYI: Who are you to question my knowledge base and further more I 'm entitled to my opinion. I think the DAX kits are cheaply made PERIOD.
RCJUNKIE ........You can go pound sand for that comment!!!!!!!!!
I realize adjustments are needed however, when your changing gaskets on a brand new engine something's wrong. If DAX's knows this ia a problem why not correct the problem and use better gaskets or perhaps instruct the customer /consumer to replace and or inspect gaskets prior to use. There are many people who have had this same issue please see the other postings provided on this site. This is supposed to be a friendly site where people offer advise and share ideas. Perhaps I should of stated that "DAX Kits need improving" nevertheless you shouldn't of slammed me and assumed I have limited technical ability.
All of these engines are manufactured by a few facilities in china. They are imported through a main distributor then sold by retailers.
It is not up to DAX, or any other retailer, to open every kit and replace every gasket. Why do you think these engine kits are soooo affordable?
You want better quality outta the box? spend the 600 plus shipping for a Whizzer, or the 3-5 for a gebe or staton kit.
You get what you pay for dude.
These are NOT the highest of quality products, but with some minor modifications (Such as gaskets), proper break in, preventative maintenance, and so forth these can be a lot of fun, and have longevity.
No offense intended, but hey, let's look at things with a bit of perspective here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh Hu

Well said unca punk.
Go buy your pristine harley and take it back to the dealer to fix your little problems but as for me I will accept the challenge for the price and still beat harley,s gas milage by 100 % and when the war gets closer, I will be traveling on 120 MPG vs the 20 to 30 MPG.

I have nothing against Harley's except their outlandish price.
and the doctors and lawyers that can afford to ride them. Weekend Warriors!
Doc

you can always do the "glass half full" thing, too...for the price these kits are very well built.

or, they're cheap because we're cheap?

whatever works for you works for me, all i know is i have more vehicle for my dollar than ever before in my life...and that's saying something 8)

what was the topic again?

augidog said:
you can always do the "glass half full" thing, too...for the price these kits are very well built.

or, they're cheap because we're cheap?

whatever works for you works for me, all i know is i have more vehicle for my dollar than ever before in my life...and that's saying something 8)

what was the topic again?

Here, here dude. That's what i'm sayin' it's an affordable way to have two wheeled fun, economy, and better parking! and yeah, even if it's all about doing it on the cheap, they are fairly decent for the money. I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with my (70cc) 80cc!
Speaking of I'm gonna go ride! The sun is out, the air is crisp but not freezing; I gotta go ride!

Back