Dax Fuel valve replacement

Thanks guys! I went by a local ace hardware and they had much more of a selection then a lowes or home depot, anyway I ended up with a solution like Dockspa1's, Ill try and put up a photo tonight.

When my first pot-metal petcock snapped in half I replaced it with natural gas brass pieces that I put together from Home Depot. that works if you put a clothes peg on the fuel line! it's a decent temporary measure but I got a replacement brass petcock from dax and it has been a hundred times better than the original one that comes with the kit.

I also......

Yea.. I also broke a few of the newer style fuel valves. I was used to the brass one that you could stand on with a wrench and still would not break it. The newer style fuel valves are not as strong so be careful when putting them on not to over torque them. The newer style fuel valves work better than the brass ones. I have not broken any of the newer style fuel valves in a long time now.. Just do not over torque them when installing. They are the better valve. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..

I hope i am placing this in the correct place. I am in the process of replacing my valve and i took it apart an not sure how the washers went in place here is a pic of the pieces layed out. If anyone can show or tell me the steps on how to place the washers that would be great. Their are 2 washers 1 is flat and the other is wavy. Thanks

here is the pic

Attachments

• valve 001.jpg
    valve 001.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 265
Back