Dax Fuel valve replacement

R

rosco

Greetings all, so I have had a heck of a time with the fuel valves from dax, my first valve sheared off when i was getting off of the bike, and the second broke in a similar fashion. So I was looking to replace it with a different method. What have you guys had luck with?

-Ross

I had the same problem with 2 installs....Just broke when I started threading it into the tank (not cross threaded and done by hand when it broke)....I guess just bad materials or mfg....I haven't done it yet but I am going to try a plumbing store to get brass fittings (a fitting to screw into the tank and have a hose barb come out) and use a shutoff valve from a lawn mower supply shop....hopefully this would be more durable (also, the shutoff valve on my other demo bike does leak a bit....weeps....My lawn mover shutoffs are always dry....
Andrew
Andrew

valve

Hi

I went to a hydraulic store and got a nice chrome one... it wasn't that mush for it...

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
I found that the bass, older style, petcocks are sturdier than the aluminum ones. I have had 2 aluminum ones break but never a brass one.

mine also br0oke its only holding on by 3 threads lol but hasnt leaked yet knock on wood but i broke my throttle cable today at 183 miles

I always use the plastic lawn mower shut off valves, on all my motors. They only cost a couple of bucks each if you catch the right deals on ebay or 5 bucks at the stores. They have never failed me. Even after years of use. I also tear off the cheap inner screens and install the 2 dollar see through in line filters. Hope that helps a little.
Doc

Go to ace hardware...I went to my local ace an found gas line fittings...in the little flip top boxes and in there were tons of gadgets. Including a nice shut off valve. It has a skrew valve with a diaphram. Never leaks but does take longer (5seconds) to open the valve than the dax ones. I can get a picture ifyou want one...just too late at the moment

Back