Dax GP50R Whodunnit?

psychedelicode

Local time
3:01 PM
Who's got one? How reliable is it? It's a morini clone I belive (looks awfully similar to my nephews ktm sx50).
and the question that we all have been waiting for: How fast is it REALLY? I mean 9hp is a lot of pull for a 49cc. That boxxer thing from pypline/santa cruz is about that and it has issues keeping rear wheels intact from the power.

The reason I'm asking is I am debating one for the next build. I found a full suspension frame at my bike shop that looks awfully like a cruiser and was thinking of doing a cafe racer type bike with it. It just wouldn't be proper if it did less than 50mph.
and, yes, I did search. Someone is doing a worksman with one but I lost the links.

I know nothing about the motor but what i've read. Imagine putting a 9hp motor on a wallyworld bicycle. Kinda scary huh?

Yeah, Small motorcycle but the idea is more to gear it down to like 35 (the 50 gear would be for fun) tops and pull a trailer, gear and 100Lb lab dog. It would be driving 250-400 miles each trip.
Even a wally framed mongoose isn't a half bad bike if you put good components on it. The frame (literally just a frame) that I'm getting I "THINK" is a Micargi cheetah. It's the only beach type bike that i can find with a rear shock mounted the way it is. However, The forward triangle has a third bar like the old schwinns do that drops down from the top tube to the bottom tube. Its going to be verry similar to this ( http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/MarcOath/IMG_0669.jpg ) one that I found searching the boards, except it has a shock on the rear like the cheetah. Wheels are going to be 48h velocity psychos, laced to a set of profile 48h disc BMX hubs. Fork is a triple clamp mazocchi left over from my old specialized stumpjumper. and It will have a threadless headset pressed in instead of the threaded and springer that are there right now, and I have a set of 12v pocket bike levers signals and lights that will make their way onto it running off a small battery. (although it would be nice to find a 12v disc front dynamo hub in 48hole).

Attachments

• micargi-mens-cheetah-26-beach-cruiser.jpg
    micargi-mens-cheetah-26-beach-cruiser.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 845
  • cheetah-gts-m-black.jpg
    cheetah-gts-m-black.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 823
Last edited:
Back