Dax Kits as low as $174 bucks !! Wow !!

AHH! Big difference MR Right

What is the difference between a "DAX" motor and the other motors out there?

I bought a motor kit from BGF, He shipped very quick. Under 2 wks from Cali to NY. Recieved motor, after hrs of mods, became aware motor had stripped head bolt. Didn't even measure 5lbs on my wrench!

It gets worse, having a 2yr degree in auto mechanics, I decided to pull the jug. Piston ring broke (probably siezed to block). I proceeded to JB weld the bolt in place (Used acetone than alcohol on a Q-tip).

Visual showed serious pitting in bore. I still need a 70cc piston ring if anybody has one!!!

The difference is, I would have got my money back from Duane who probably would not have forgot English when I called him about problems! Duane took alot of time to q and a over the phone. Duane would probably return calls and e-mails.

The difference is the Son of an honest man (who speeks english) will get my money to go to school on next time arround.

As for BGF and Rick Shi, you'r right, I bought it as is, hope your tax records are up to date if I don't get a replacment ring by next week! As the Chineese cook once said there's more than one way to skin a cat, I know several !

Now that I've vented I want to say thanks to Duane for his time and to this board and it's members for all the great knowledge. I would'nt have gotten this far into the project without you guys!

Sincere thanks
Marty in Buffalo

Attachments

• bore pits.JPG
    bore pits.JPG
    653 KB · Views: 295
I bought from DAX and am very pleased both with the kit and the service after. There were some rather unusal problems and Duane went over and above what was required to take care of the problem. He honored the warrenty even after the stated 30 days. I can't speak for anyone but myself but the dealings I have had with Dax have been top notch.

Back