Dax Prices?

crabdance

Local time
9:19 AM
I don't know if anyone noticed but That'sDax prices went up by about $50.00 a kit. To me, that's a pretty hefty jump all at once. Will the market or the competition hold up to that jump in price? I know that originally I had planned to buy my kit there because they had the best price.

I'm not "bad mouthing" Dax or anything like that. I've talked to Duane several times by email and he's a good guy. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of the jump in price. What used to cost $218.00 a few days ago now cost $268.00.

I'm not saying that it's right or wrong... just wondering what everyone thinks?

(I hope this is in the right place)

Last edited:
As business men you should understand that...
As a business man, you should understand that there are some things a community cannot accomplish in this day and age. If we could combine the minds of all the hundreds of active members here into one collective brain... we would have multiple motored bikes & kits for sale at no profit, no loss... and hundreds less than a capitalist society could allow. HOWEVER, we all don't have iPhones connected to WiMAX towers that blanket the country - yet! Dax is pretty much the only vendor who sells frame-mounted kits & gets word of mouth advertisement from his customers. Finally, after all the hard work he has put into building a reliable kit & successful business... he should most definitely be making a profit!! If he doesn't make a profit, he cannot expand his business. As a business man, you should understand that!

One thing I noticed the other day was this; When the price of oil goes up, it's reflected at the pump almost immediately. But when the price of oil dropped the other day, I did not see the prices go down any (sorry for the short rant). I know I'm not an economist but that just seems like some plain thinking stuff to me.
Very true. But when oil is increasing more than $30/barrel in a couple months & drops by $2... what's the point in dropping the price when everybody knows it's gonna increase by tens of more dollars?? Might as well make a few extra pennies to keep your business going, just like you were trying to do by buying a kit from Dax in the first place. It's all about efficiency. If $260+ isn't a good value to consumers, then it's not efficient for Dax to keep his price that way. Supply & demand...

I'm sure you are right about UPS. I believe that they are a company that is not trying to get over on us (don't know why) when it comes to costs.
I too think UPS is a pretty good company, perhaps the best of their kind. On a similar note, I was just reading how postage has only increased a penny or two every couple years for a while now, but the increased price for packages doesn't seem as consistent. If you take up more space in their truck with packages, they can carry less stuff & waste more gas. It's all about efficiency.

Our country isn't very efficient right now, tho... so I say triple the gas tax & bring us more motored bikes!!!

In my profession, in some cases, my rates were the same for 5 or more years as costs went up- then I raise the rates close to market- and people complain.
Even tho it's a shocker to raise your price all at once, I wonder if it would really be better to gradually raise the price every 6 months to a year... in expectation of inflation. You can't fight inflation as long as the Federal Reserve gets to control the country's money supply and the price of oil continues to increase as dramatically as it has.

I don't know if anyone noticed but That'sDax prices went up by about $50.00 a kit. To me, that's a pretty hefty jump all at once. Will the market or the competition hold up to that jump in price? I know that originally I had planned to buy my kit there because they had the best price.

I'm not "bad mouthing" Dax or anything like that. I've talked to Duane several times by email and he's a good guy. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of the jump in price. What used to cost $218.00 a few days ago now cost $268.00.

I think he's probably gotten stuck with a unexpectedly high freight bill with a fuel surcharge thats killing him. I know this is happening to all industries... It's killing us in the Medical field. On one shipment there was a 31% increase on it for fuel surcharges.... Probably what Duane is dealing with...

Yeah, I handle the shipping where I work. Our shipping costs seem to have gone up more than 20% since the beginning of the year. It's out of control. What's crazier is I know fuel costs have gone up more than that, especially diesel... so the carriers must be getting nailed right now.

Even tho it's a shocker to raise your price all at once, I wonder if it would really be better to gradually raise the price every 6 months to a year...

You are correct- we now review our rates yearly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demand is up, supply is down, so prices go up. If it goes up to fast and to far.

Hello competition!

No offence, but no brainer.

I love the USA

A

Talk about demand! I ordered my engine kit from Kingsmotors on May 24 and according to them, they won't be able to ship anything out to anyone until June 11. Luckily I ordered my engine for $245.00 shipping included before their prices went up to. Anyone else waiting for an engine from Kingsmotors.com?

Back