Dax Prices?

crabdance

Local time
2:41 AM
I don't know if anyone noticed but That'sDax prices went up by about $50.00 a kit. To me, that's a pretty hefty jump all at once. Will the market or the competition hold up to that jump in price? I know that originally I had planned to buy my kit there because they had the best price.

I'm not "bad mouthing" Dax or anything like that. I've talked to Duane several times by email and he's a good guy. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of the jump in price. What used to cost $218.00 a few days ago now cost $268.00.

I'm not saying that it's right or wrong... just wondering what everyone thinks?

(I hope this is in the right place)

Last edited:
A week ago I was looking at a goboyfast kit on ebay. Then on tuesday I sold a riding lawnmower I picked up at the dump and fixed, so I had "mad money" and went to order it. Price had gone up $10. Figure that's probably somewhat fair, for shipping.

If I read UPS's fuel surcharge rules correctly, they base it on energy dept highway fuel price data, which is a couple weeks delayed. So I could tell it was going to get worse.

A week ago I was looking at a goboyfast kit on ebay. Then on tuesday I sold a riding lawnmower I picked up at the dump and fixed, so I had "mad money" and went to order it. Price had gone up $10. Figure that's probably somewhat fair, for shipping.

If I read UPS's fuel surcharge rules correctly, they base it on energy dept highway fuel price data, which is a couple weeks delayed. So I could tell it was going to get worse.

Yea, everything is going up and I guess we all just expect it. And the makers of all the goods KNOW we expect it. I agree that the change in fuel prices increases the cost of doing business... but by how much. Are the prices going up at a fair rate?

One thing I noticed the other day was this; When the price of oil goes up, it's reflected at the pump almost immediately. But when the price of oil dropped the other day, I did not see the prices go down any (sorry for the short rant). I know I'm not an economist but that just seems like some plain thinking stuff to me.

I'm sure you are right about UPS. I believe that they are a company that is not trying to get over on us (don't know why) when it comes to costs.

And that's cool about you getting the lawn mower and fixing it up. Wish I was that handy at stuff. I could probably make a dollar or two. :D

Thanks for your comments, eljefino. I appreciate it!

When I joined here and read about the "smuggling" I said to myself, "this can't go on forever".

Now I see catalytic convertors starting to appear, and I said, "that'll make 'em more expensive"

Now China's in a bit of a fracas, and even though production of these horrid motors is spread out over a few factories, there is probably chaos in their railroads, ports etc.

Reading on how UPS plans their routes to avoid left turns, they seem more efficient than even I myself can run things, and set the standard their competition has to meet. That is not to say that even today it costs $60 to ship 22 lbs of something that is already in a box, but that's ebay for ya. I applaud Dax for plainly listing prices with shipping included.

Reading on how UPS plans their routes to avoid left turns, they seem more efficient than even I myself can run things, and set the standard their competition has to meet. That is not to say that even today it costs $60 to ship 22 lbs of something that is already in a box, but that's ebay for ya. I applaud Dax for plainly listing prices with shipping included.

Yea, I heard about UPS and their right turns... talk about thinking outside of the box! And I agree about Dax plainly listing their prices. That is something that they should do anyway. As I said, I don't have a problem with Dax.. just wondering about the increase, that's all.

And yea, ain't it funny about eBay? It's amazing how business is done there when you think about it.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed by the increase in the price. It's all because I have been tight for money and have been saving my pennies for an engine kit, then BAM... they go up another $50! When you are saving pennies that's a big shock. Things have changed for me now, though. Someone has offered me a deal I can't refuse on a Kings Motor engine kit so I'm going with that now.

thanks

Last edited:
I see it this way. Everything is going up because we need fuel or America stops.
That increase just pays the gas,but you make it all back in one season with all the gas you save.
As soon as America discovers that a motoredbike is even cheaper to run these days than riding the bus to work,and is the fountain of youth,man,and when they find that they can actually afford to buy lunch thereby stimulating your local economy instead of Saudi Arabia,you'll find the prices everyone has to charge now for the fountain of youth is still very much quite the bargain.
It's an investment for a total life change.
The $ I spent on MOOP and Cronus was the best ever investment I had ever had to shell out. And with gas approaching 4 bucks a gallon and climbing,I figured 800 miles on cronus,2,000 miles on MOOP.
2,800 miles divided by 15 (15 miles a gallon on my truck) is about 187 gallons of gas.
2,800 miles divided by 160 (160 miles on the average on my motoredbikes) is 17.5 gallons.
187 gallons minus 17.5 gallons is 169.5 gallons.
And finally 169.5 gallons times 4 dollars a gallon is my final savings so far of $678.00!

Dawgs. My bills were all zero'ed out before I decided to go to Duane's house to get that Titan saving on shipping and the bonus Duane install.
I held back 4 bills that month. I'm slowly bringing it all back up again.
It's WELL worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it this way. Everything is going up because we need fuel or America stops.
That increase just pays the gas,but you make it all back in one season with all the gas you save.
As soon as America discovers that a motoredbike is even cheaper to run these days than riding the bus to work,and is the fountain of youth,man,and when they find that they can actually afford to buy lunch thereby stimulating your local economy instead of Saudi Arabia,you'll find the prices everyone has to charge now for the fountain of youth is still very much quite the bargain.
It's an investment for a total life change.
The $ I spent on MOOP and Cronus was the best ever investment I had ever had to shell out. And with gas approaching 4 bucks a gallon and climbing,I figured 800 miles on cronus,2,000 miles on MOOP.
2,800 miles divided by 15 (15 miles a gallon on my truck) is about 187 gallons of gas.
2,800 miles divided by 160 (160 miles on the average on my motoredbikes) is 17.5 gallons.
187 gallons minus 17.5 gallons is 169.5 gallons.
And finally 169.5 gallons times 4 dollars a gallon is $678.00!

Dawgs. My bills were all zero'ed out before I decided to go to Duane's house to get that Titan saving on shipping and the bonus Duane install.
I held back 4 bills that month. I'm slowly bring it all back up again.
It's WELL worth it.

I have to agree LP. The price we are having to pay will cause adjustments in the way America does business.... like using motored bikes and building better cars. And I have to agree that prices going up will be measured in our ability to adapt and conquer. We are a resourceful nation and even if it starts with a grass roots movement with us motored bike types... at least that's something!!! I don't see anyone else coming up with an alternative that will get 150 - 200 mpg (although the prototypes are out there).

Thanks for putting your 2 cents in. That is something that I needed to hear. This is just input that will make us change for the better. It will make us evolve. What a great way to look at it... in the long run we will win!

I still don't have my engine kit yet but I will real soon. Once I do I can say that it's the smartest thing that I ever did :D

Thanks LP

Personally, I can't wait till I see an American company fully manufacturing these motors. If someone could give us a nice looking frame mount 2 stroke engine with genuine American & German parts it would be definitely worth the money. On top of that, if more people bought said engine the price would come down dramatically, perhaps to the 200 dollars we all paid. Basically, it seems like there is a growing niche that a small motor company can fill easily.

I ordered mine just in time!! Friday

I had a feeling this would happen, because so many vendors are sold out right now. :eek:They know people will pay the higher price for now, but, when all the sellers are full of inventory the prices will come back down.:)

I can't wait for all these people who raise their price just to make more money, to be bit in the a$$ when they cant sell out of all the engines that they already have. Why ruin your good name by raising your prices up... not very smart, unless you care more about the pursuit of profit than the well being and satisfaction of your customers. Hats off to you for following a trend, I just figured being a major sponsor and well talked about figure on this site may have caused you to operate as a person and not just a greedy corporation.

Back