Day #1 and I'm bummed

sounds good

yes but still why ask what you allredy know we both are volonters why did you do it ? i am to young for nam and i would never say i could understand what it was like and wont deny you of what you know, just give me the same so in short lets agre 2 dissogre and just ride cuz we both know how short it can be

Why go talk to them kerf ?? You are just inviting trouble.
No chit chat unless they stop you..then polite and respectful ( sucking up to save your *** ) !! Mind your own business and fake pedal !

You call it sucking up, I just call it being polite, way I was raised. As many that "hate Cops" have had their license pulled for DUI, I wonder if much of their baggage toward authority is self inflected.

I had a DUI and I'm thankful it happened. Because of a complex series of events, I haven't drank alcohol in 23 months. I'm not against alcohol, it's just not for me. That has nothing to do with the fact I was illegally detained, not once but twice, the second time being thrown in jail by a dumb**** cop who didn't know the law until well after six months the law was in effect. Then the cop manufactured multiple lies in order to frame me to cover his negligence. Sorry for the rant....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now, what a thread this has turned out to be.... I'm seeing it as an example of the polarization and differences of worldview and opinion we have here.... Kinda like the Dems vs Repubs.... Some see the cops as altruistic for the most part. Others see them as a bent spoke in an evil wheel... I'm guessing both oulooks have some merit.... For myself personally, I'll make it easy. I do not hate the cops... Hatred is much too strong and personal... Am I distressed and disgusted by what I view as an eradication of American Freedoms, and a plunge into a darker life for all..YEP!!!! I developed this line of opinion many many years before I ever got a DUI... Try the racism of the 50's/Kennedy assassination/Kent State killingslies about Tonkin Gulf etc.... Remember now folks.. This thread started as a report on a policeman who acted in an arbitrary and wrong way.... So what should we take from that???? I say take heed and don't make some naieve assumption that the good 'ole cop on the beat is only looking out for your best interests.... MOJO

Mod,

Point well taken. It seems to me that many of "our" problems are due to vague or outdated laws. The state legislatures would be the responsible parties, as I see it. As I've stated before, in Ala. a bike with a motor is a motor vehicle and must fulfill those laws. That is just not practical, for one thing obtaining a title to buy a tag is almost impossible since the bike is home built. Motor powered bicycles need to be in a separate category. Some states are getting it done but most aren't.

LOL, i live in NY, and my wife commutes every day to work, the only attention she gets from the cops is "boy thats cool, where'd you get it" shes been riding it for three years now with the gebe 40cc tanaka, super dependable, little or no maintenance, spokes are 12 ga.

Back