DE trip to Washington

Z

Zemus DE

Well first off I am sorry I didn't get this up earlier.

Anyhow as most people know there was that big storm that hit the northwest a few weeks ago. Well Dimension Edge was exhibiting a Cycleworld International motorcycle show in Seattle the weekend prior to that storm. We were hoping to see Augi and a few MBcers at the show which didnt happen, but that is ok. I didnt post the fact that we were doing that show until like 3 days before the show itself.

So after the show was over the first wave of the storm came through and closed the pass outta Seattle. We then decided that since we were stuck we might as well go visit augi in Ocean Park. So we called him and got on our merry way. oh yeah we checked the weatherchannel.com before hand. Looked and saw that there was a good amount of rain and just figured "Hey its just rain, theres no problem". So we drove through the rain all the way to Monteceno Wa. There police were blocking the roads because all the trees where starting to fall. so we turned around and got no farther then 500 feet from the cops and a power line broke and caught up in the solar panels of our bus. Luckily it was just the support line and it did no damage. We stayed the night in a Monteceno grocery store parking lot(every light pole there fell to the ground over the night).

The next day and night was spent trying to find any way through all the downed trees(pics below). we eventually got stuck on some coastal road after going over and under so many trees until, no joke, the last tree which was a more then 3 feet thick all the way across the road and was like 8 feet off the ground. And because it was 8 feet high most traffic could make it through, so no construction crews would stop for us cuz they had more important roads to clear. So we waited until we heard another highway was cleared which was a pain because there was no power, no cell service, and phone lines where down almost everywhere. So we drove down down a cleared highway and finally made to Ocean park just over 48 hours after we left Seattle

So when we got to Ocean Park there was still no power or phone service so we just parked at one of the grocery stores hoping someone would spot us out, which happened. I feel really bad but i forgot who found us, but he caught us in the morning makin breakfast and let augi know where we where and we finally hooked up.

Now after all that work to get here we wanted to go for a ride. Now we had a new problem. Because Dimension edge is friction drive we use different rollers for wet roads, and since we where in Seattle, all of our customers wanted the all-weather rollers. So we gave them all away at the show without even realizing it. So we had to wait for a lil sun to dry the roads a little. Eventually we got off so Augi and crew showed us as much of their peninsula as the downed trees would let us. eventaully we got back and took a few pictures and went back to montana.

the bummer is that we dont have any pictures of all our bikes together or of the ride. I didnt have time to reread so if there is typos or whatever, im sorry

Thank you all out in Ocean Park we had a blast.

Girl on Spoiler.JPG

Booth.JPG

Corner of Booth.JPG

Deadend.JPG

power lines.JPG

fallen sign.JPG

trees in road.JPG

lookin over the bikes.JPG

Augi and trailer.JPG

Rob putin MBc sticker on.JPG

Hey Zemus, sounds like you all had quite the adventure. Reading this reminded me that I need an all weather roller or 2. I have a Staton kit (Sorry 'bout that), but it looks to me like the DE rollers would fit. I'll find your site and order some.

P.S. It would be easier if you had a link to your website in your signature line.

I couldn't find the rollers on your site. Please PM me if you don't get my inquiry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zemus,
Glad you had a good ending to an adventure. While you never remember the easy ones, you never forget the hard ones.

Indeed Kahunna and thank you.

Alaska Thank you for reminding me. I always think about my sig when I'm away from the computer but I am running in and outta the shop so much I dont have time to do it or I forget(by the way, i only have internet access at my parents shop so that never helps. trying to change that though.)

Good to see you had fun,sent you and e-mail for your ez3 usx......hey MBc I'm gettin a DE trike ;)

I didn't see your email loco, but if you need to look at some pics of the USX, PM me. We have a built demo that is 06' model(different color then 07-08s) and I can take any pictures of it you may need to see.

Loco,
You are gonna love dinking with the different rollers. I dont know how it will work on a trike but I am ordering a 1.75 for chingles top end. OUt here where it is fairly flat and traffic light, hooking say 22 with the wick only about halfway. Nice speed and great fuel economy. Right now I am running a 1.25 and it will hold a nice steady 17-20 at half throttle. Enough left when I hit what passes for a hill, give it a few turns with the pedal, add a little throttle and keep righ on chuging along.

Back