Dead CDI REPLACEMENT RECOMENDATIONS?

Local time
1:15 PM
Hey my CDI died when I was pulling into work the other day I went to gun it on the clutch and it died right then and there.

At least I made it to work but here's the thing I need to get a replacement and I need to know what's Crim Della Crim top notch right now I got my Never Satisfied hat on right now so I really need to know what exactly would you recommend.

In the market for fully adjustable timing etc and so on and so forth I need that good good for under 50 bucks thank you everybody those who are still my friends and those who are not my friends I just want to let you know thank you

Last edited:
I don't think you will find anything for $50 that has what you want. the adjustable magnet is on sale for $25 from Zeda right now. The HuffyDavaidson CDIs start at about $50 and the new HD lightning Strike is 65$ from CR Machine. I have no idea what Jaguar"s cdi costs now but it's not cheap. There are a few outher CDIs that are cheaper but can't find any review other than "It's Awesome dude!!!" so that's no help.

I don't think you will find anything for $50 that has what you want. the adjustable magnet is on sale for $25 from Zeda right now. The HuffyDavaidson CDIs start at about $50 and the new HD lightning Strike is 65$ from CR Machine. I have no idea what Jaguar"s cdi costs now but it's not cheap. There are a few outher CDIs that are cheaper but can't find any review other than "It's Awesome dude!!!" so that's no help.

Ehh maybe just a better Cdi box period performance is what is needed.

Everything on my motors stock except for the GREAT banana pipe, that people call crap which is actually not I gained massive up hill power with the addition of the long off set intake.

Ordering jets as well my plugs a tad bit lean.

I need just a good CDI AS mine split a tiny bit causing it's failure on the corner side from vibration.

Doesn't have to be timing adjustable just way better then the traditional CDI.

Will have to have a longer plug wire as well to fit between the center post as its way to close to the head.

on the next one, throw away the metal bracket and put it on with zipties instead and it will not crack

"** Use of an HD Lightning Bolt CDI on a stock or lightly modified engine is not going to product much (if any) improvement over using the original Lightning CDI. It will not harm your engine, though. But the more advanced your engine is, the more of a performance gain you’ll see with the new Lightning Bolt."

Dude there's a big ass typo in there! Lol
Thought it was "produce"

Anyway what about, something more a bit cheaper I like the suggestion, I think stage CDI is a rip unless someone can state otherwise.

There is a big gap between stock and "real" performance CDIs. Stage 1 is just stock junk with a better wire and plug boot.

Found this one from Zeda but can't find any reviews on it.

https://zedamotorsports.com/collect...under-cdi-for-48cc-66cc-80cc-high-performance

I here there all the same as the HD at the end of the day one style has a ignition lock in case of theft.

But how good are they really? If I decided to upgrade the head going to need a bigger spark to pull it anyway right?

Back