Death by fenders ☠️

Local time
9:56 PM
So I've heard that fenders can be a danger if just left stock, I tried looking up the thread but couldn't find it, could someone inform me of what I'm supposed to do if I wanna keep my fenders on?

So I've heard that fenders can be a danger if just left stock, I tried looking up the thread but couldn't find it, could someone inform me of what I'm supposed to do if I wanna keep my fenders on?
Yeah...The stock metal fenders that come with the bikes tend to have the hardware fasteners, (nuts and bolts, and/or what they attach to), break off and then the fenders wind up flipping into the wheel and in the process wrecking the bike and yourself, not to mention what you might hit along the way...This could really ruin your entire afternoon...lol.

I like having fenders myself and this is the safe option i have chosen.

These are cheap to get, look good, come in different colours, and if for some reson they detach, they are plastic and would just fly away...Mine have stayed firmly attached as i use blue locktite as well to hold things together and have taken to the road and speed quite well...DAMIEN

Below is the website to order them from, as well as my before and after pics, when i changed out those stock metal fenders, at the same time i converted my bike from coaster and front rim brake and spoke wheels, to rear and front disk brakes with mag wheels...DAMIEN

Attachments

• DSCN0172.JPG
    DSCN0172.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 156
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah...The stock metal fenders that come with the bikes tend to have the hardware fasteners, (nuts and bolts, and/or what they attach to), break off and then the fenders wind up flipping into the wheel and in the process wrecking the bike and yourself, not to mention what you might hit along the way...I like having fenders myself and this is the safe option i have chosen.

These are cheap to get, look good, come in different colours, and if for some reson they detach, they are plastic and would just fly away...Mine have stayed firmly attached as i use blue locktite as well to hold things together and have taken to the road and speed quite well...DAMIEN

Below is the website to order them from, as well as my before and after pics, when i changed out those stock metal fenders, at the same time i converted my bike from coaster and front rim brake and spoke wheels, to rear and front disk brakes with mag wheels...DAMIEN

I would love to replace the brakes and wheels but that is out of my budget, is there a way to just secure the original fenders, as I just finished redoing the whole bike 😭

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would love to replace the brakes and wheels but that is out of my budget, is there a way to just secure the original fenders, as I just finished redoing the whole bike
Ive tried many different reinforcement methods and none have ever worked for any length of time...Something, somewhere, has always broken loose no matter what...They are only designed for actual bike speeds of about 11 miles per hour...These bikes of ours tend to be a work in progress, as you can afford to make the changes necessary to make them a safe, viable, dependable, relatively trouble free ride...and the brakes and wheels are not that far out of your budget either...DAMIEN

These go on sale periodically to around 117.00 dollars during holidays etc.

Ive tried many different reinforcement methods and none have ever worked for any length of time...Something, somewhere, has always broken loose no matter what...They are only designed for actual bike speeds of about 11 miles per hour...These bikes of ours tend to be a work in progress, as you can afford to make the changes necessary to make them a safe, viable, dependable, relatively trouble free ride...and the brakes and wheels are not that far out of your budget either...DAMIEN

These go on sale periodically to around 117.00 dollars during holidays etc.

Yeah, I'm only 17 so $117 is a bit, I know it's much safer and plan on doing it eventually, but right now my budget was around $400

$250 for the motor kit
$30 for the bike
$75 for paint and primer and clear coat
$15 for new chain

And I still need lights, and some new brakes and I would like new tires

Yeah, I'm only 17 so $117 is a bit, I know it's much safer and plan on doing it eventually, but right now my budget was around $400
I can sympathise with that, i was once 17, Many, Many, moons ago...lol...Im now 66 in June...lol...Just keep us all posted when you need to buy things like lights etc...I live on a Social Security budget myself and have ferreted out the best bang for the buck assessories on a budget...lol...DAMIEN

I can sympathise with that, i was once 17, Many, Many, moons ago...lol...Im now 66 in June...lol...Just keep us all posted when you need to buy things like lights etc...I live on a Social Security budget myself and have ferreted out the best bang for the buck assessories on a budget...lol...DAMIEN
Thanks, for now Im gonna transfer all of the lights off my racing bicycle (pedal powered) because I don't wanna ride without I'm also gonna go over budget for some mirrors they are just something I dont like to ride without

I'm also gonna go over budget for some mirrors they are just something I dont like to ride without
Here are the mirrors i use myself...they come as a pair for left and right...I use only one myself as it is adequate...the only thing i do different is to NOT use the plastic fastener to the handle bars...vibration makes the mirror shake too much to be of any use...instead i had a roll of "plumbers strap" or sometimes known as construction straping...its metal, i just bend it to double it up, so i double the strength and then nut and bolt it into shape...I had it on my old bike and transferred it to this one last year...its been in use for over 5 years total now and has never busted loose...DAMIEN

Only 15.49

Last edited:
Back