Death by fenders ☠️

I can sympathise with that, i was once 17, Many, Many, moons ago...lol...Im now 66 in June...lol...Just keep us all posted when you need to buy things like lights etc...I live on a Social Security budget myself and have ferreted out the best bang for the buck assessories on a budget...lol...DAMIEN
It looks like I can get the wheels and brakes for 149 off bike berry, so that will hopefully come this summer

It looks like I can get the wheels and brakes for 149 off bike berry, so that will hopefully come this summer
Be aware that they dont come with cables...Better to get those from your local bike shop anyways...you will also need a "freewheel" sprocket, (the side the pedal chain is on), the sunlite 22 tooth sprocket is the best...I also had to change the pedal side chain as well because the sprocket you have for the coaster brake is usually only a 16 or 18 tooth...My bike shop here in town was handy in this as the added the extra links i needed and came with 2 master links for only about 15 bucks...Last but not least...the disk brake kit on those mags comes with two individual, left and right brake levers...you will probably want to get one lever that is a dual pull lever for both disk brakes which works well for these beasties since you already have the clutch lever on the left side...We can all help you here as you can afford to do things...just ask...We want you to have fun, but also be SAFE...cheers...DAMIEN

Be aware that they dont come with cables...Better to get those from your local bike shop anyways...you will also need a "freewheel" sprocket, (the side the pedal chain is on), the sunlite 22 tooth sprocket is the best...I also had to change the pedal side chain as well because the sprocket you have for the coaster brake is usually only a 16 or 18 tooth...My bike shop here in town was handy in this as the added the extra links i needed and came with 2 master links for only about 15 bucks...Last but not least...the disk brake kit on those mags comes with two individual, left and right brake levers...you will probably want to get one lever that is a dual pull lever for both disk brakes which works well for these beasties since you already have the clutch lever on the left side...We can all help you here as you can afford to do things...just ask...We want you to have fun, but also be SAFE...cheers...DAMIEN
Absolutely, right off I'm only going to be using it on private property and we are going to test the whole system, I've been in a bad crash before (flite for life) so I make sure anything I use is safe

Absolutely, right off I'm only going to be using it on private property and we are going to test the whole system, I've been in a bad crash before (flite for life) so I make sure anything I use is safe
Just dont hesitate to ask...myself as well as others are here to help you...I used to ride motorcross myself way back in the early 1970s when i was your age for the Malcolm Smith Racing Teams in California in between my High School and college days...Had my fair share of injuries, but never Med Flighted...DAMIEN

Just dont hesitate to ask...myself as well as others are here to help you...I used to ride motorcross myself way back in the early 1970s when i was your age for the Malcolm Smith Racing Teams in California in between my High School and college days...Had my fair share of injuries, but never Med Flighted...DAMIEN
Thanks for looking out for guys like me, hope I can help you in some way.

calculate a gametheory scenario...

Probability of fendors failing... 10% ---> expected risk to the downside... $600 ----> 60$ unrealized loss.
Probability of fendors not failing... 90% ----> expected risk to downside... $0. upside $0... ----> +$ 0.

change the numbers around to your likings and decide. mind you the longer you own the bike, the higher the chance of failure. you can even subset the probability of failing to a 1% chance of an injury and do the math on that.... i mean, thats how insurance companies work, so it seems like a good idea.
1618286727514.png

i am sure if you plug probabilities into both scenarios you can come up with a logical choice.

Last edited:
Back