Death of Onyx bikes?

You're right DAMIEN1307. I spoke when I should have kept quiet. I don't know anything about the details of the demise. Unfortunately, I cannot answer your question.
Your OK zean.
I cannot answer your question.
I didnt know i had actually asked any question...lol...never be afraid to say your mind here in the forums...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...im not of a great mind at the moment because a good friend of mine at church is dying...im not in the greatest frain of mind right now, but i rely on God...its all Ok...Other than my love of M/Bs...My first love is the love of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit...and the people he has blessed me to know in this life...You are now among those people...DAMIEN

Last edited:
mark20, I wrote that comment while thinking of a situation back in the 1980's involving automobile manufacturers: Ex Ferrari employee, Zambolli, was manufacturing the 16 cylinder Cizeta V16T to compete with Mazeratti, Lamborgini and Ferrari. Mazeratti, Lamborgini and Ferrari were business enemies and never worked together on anything. However, in this single incidence they conspired together to successfully put Zambolli out of business.

Last edited:
Excuse me darwin and Damien. It's possible that the politics was probably a tool used by the CEOs of big moped and ebike manufacturers forming a cartel to get rid of onyx, i.e. it's big business who is bringing down onyx. After a little time check close which company's (or companies') sales increase because onyx is out of the picture.
Zean, the bicycle market is saturated with a 1000[?] bicycle manufacturers. It's a dog eat dog product segment. If you don't have quality, name recognition and price eventually you will fail. Only segment that doesn't apply to is the el cheapo market like wally world bikes. Same issue w/electrics now. They also have the extra issue of keeping up with current tech which is changing every 2 years now. Anyways, my 2 cents.

The rise of onyx is similar to vintage electric. Great emphasis on marketing to tap into nostagia but not much for specs. The onyx are actually complete junk bikes. Most of the frames are not straight, sport mode cuts out frequently, most bikes have trouble hitting 50+ even though they claim 60, which you can only get close if you’re a really small person, full tuck, downhill. The wiring inside them is a complete mess, the first thousand bikes did not even have full coverage of brake pads on the discs. How do I know this? I sell upgrade torque arms for them and have worked on them for owners who don’t know which end to use on a screwdriver.

The bikes are basically Chinese junk. Even with global sourcing I can’t think of a single part that didn’t come from China.

onyx community is extremely negative, with most owners leaning moderate to extreme left. I didn’t know what cancel culture was until they attempted to cancel me for offering upgrade parts for their beloved China moped. Apart from that there is a great deal of drama and negativity within the company.

Tim orchestrated the cancel; in fact I still have a few months to file a lawsuit if I choose to, as he made up lies then got a few people to spread them. He is nothing more than a keyboard warrior, troll, and closet racist. Blocked me at some point so he could continue to talk behind my back.

Bad news guys. Buy something else or give me the 5500 instead, I can build you something a lot better with more than double the stock battery capacity.

damn, now we have some insight, I thought they looked generally good for the price.

maybe it's time to fab some frames and get some off the shelf parts to start a new one ;)

Back