Death Race 2007 in Tucson, AZ

Tom

Local time
4:36 PM
Who is going? This event is about a 10 hour drive away from me. Any in cali want to carpool??

I totally want to go!

Hopefully we can get an MBc team to come out!

Here is the info from Roland at spookytooth:

Death Race 2007 will be Sunday, April 22nd. This years race will be UP Mt. Lemmon in Tucson. The climb will be from 3,000 feet to 9,000 feet in 15 miles. This will be the 3rd anniversary of Spooky Tooth and our 3rd race. Visit the gallery section of our website for a demo of Death Race 2006. We take it seriously over here. Last year, we had a bluegrass band and a huge north carolina style BBQ at our shop w/ almost 100 people.

$!@(#*$@*&!&#&@!@#$*

I just found out that I made a prior obligation to someone for the night before the death race, and it means a lot to them that I go to that. It would be a 10 hour drive for me, so if I wanted to go to the death race, I would have to leave the day before. Darn...

Anyway, is anyone else going besides bird? I want to send anyone who is going a bunch of stickers to hand out down there.

i still have most of my stickers in my back pack. ill hand them out befor the race

Nice. I will also probably want to send you down some more of the new ones since those are better looking and have the correct name on them.

I hopeful

I am hoping to make it down there with my son in law

just have to talk my daughter into letting us go haha :LOL: :LOL:
Bill

Hill climbs are interesting races. Not that I race anything but I go every year to the Pikes Peak hill climb for cars, trucks, etc. as a spectator.

I'm curious, what kind of course is this? Bike path? public car road? paved? Closed to other traffic? Rally style starts or mass asention free-for-all?

Curious... How can I learn more?

You would probably have to ask spookytooth. Go to his website or wait a really long time for him to get back to you on the board. He comes around here every once in a while.

Maybe you could ask Bird or one of the other AZ guys

cant thay do a death race in phoenix area or up north are thare are plenty of better tracks and roads up here

Back