Death Race 2007 in Tucson, AZ

Sounds Like a Hoot !!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the Rules are? I hope there are rules for stock motors. I mean..Some guy shows up with a bike and a motor that has reeds, expansion chamber, 18T rear, 700c rim and will do 80mph. Well..Then..I lose....lol..I hate losing... I love to win..Anyway..does anyone know where to get or look at entry rules? Let me know..Thanks..Enjoy the ride...and remember... THATS DAX !!

hey whats up i havnt been on the fourm a while ive been working and whatnot.

last year the race was in a national park around like a 20 mile loop a couple miles of it was dirt the rest was paved street. we had to ride about 8 miles to get there. im not sure if there were even rules it was just who ever got there first won. i think its going to be up mount lemmon this year. im not sure. im not even sure if im going i havnt been working on my bikes lately and they need some parts. i might even sell them both and build a new one. the motors are a little worn out after a little more then year of riding almost every day as fast as i could get the.

You are invited!

This year's 3rd annual Spooky Tooth Rally and Death Race 2007 will be held on Mt. Lemmon just north of Tucson, AZ, "where the earth meets the sky". All motorized bicycles gas and electric are welcome. The 3rd annual Spooky Tooth Rally will be a fun community building event climbing along 24 miles of the Catalina Highway. This awesome sky ride takes you from 3,000 feet to 9,100 feet through Ponderosa Pine, ancient Douglas Fir and Quaking Aspen. Southern Arizona has one of the largest concentrations of alternative transportation riders in the country, this rally should be one to remember. 48cc motorized bicycles should have no problem pulling the hills at 15-20 mph with little pedal assist. A support truck will be following in the rear to help with any mechanical problems along the way.

Death Race 2007 will take place at the same time as the Rally. The rules are simple, the first gas or electric bicycle to the top of Mt. Lemmon wins! Death Race 2005 began with 15 riders and ended with 12. Speeds in excess of 60 miles per hour were reached as some riders saw their bikes nearly disintegrate beneath them. Congratulations #11. Death Race 2006 started with 30 participants and ended with 20. The winding mountain course sent riders pummeling to their knees on the hot desert floor, praying to impotent gods. Congratulations to Bryce Myhre for your safe return with the fastest motor-bike. Who will take home the prize of fastest motorized bicycle for 2007?

At 11am Sunday, April 22nd, plan on meeting at the first pull off approximately 1 mile after you enter the Mt. Lemmon Highway. There is a large, easy to spot parking area on the right side of the road.

Bring gas! Fill your bikes and cars up. There are no gas stations at the top of Mt. Lemmon. Summerhaven has several restaurants and bars where we will be spending the remainder of the afternoon. Bring a jacket. Mt. Lemmon is 30 miles from Tucson and 30 degrees cooler.

About the Catalina Highway:

The only paved road that leads to the upper reaches of Mt. Lemmon and the Santa Catalina Range is one of the most scenic highways in the southwest. It provides access to a fascinating land of breathtaking vistas, outlandish rockscapes, cool mountain forests and deep canyons spilling out onto broad deserts. Because the road starts in the Lower Sonoran vegetative life zone and climbs to the high forests of the Canadian zone, it offers the biological equivalent of driving from the deserts of Mexico to the forests of Canada in a short stretch of 27 miles. Here, you'll find plants and animals and geology that exhibit some of the most wide-ranging natural diversity to be found in any area of comparable size in the continental U. S.
As you drive up the mountain, every turn seems to reveal something new. In some places that may be a community of trees, shrubs, and wildflowers different from the one just around the previous curve. In others, it may be a new gallery of natural rock sculptures even more impossibly perched than the last, or a broader panorama that stretches in an entirely different direction than the one that caused you to stop and snap a photo just a few moments before. For your convenience, there are turnouts at scenic overlooks and several campgrounds and picnic areas. Dozens of hiking trails offer access to the mountain's backcountry canyons and ridges.

Travel on the highway is free if visiting one of the businesses in Summerhaven; otherwise there is a $5/day vehicle fee if you want to stop and hike the mountain. Cyclists do not require a pass.

Any motorized bicycles that are in need of repair should be taken to Fred. We will do our best to fix all bikes before April 22nd.

Contacts:

Tucson repairs: Fred - 520-883-6781

Spooky Tooth Cycles: Roland - 520-882-8819

www.SpookyToothCycles.com
Spooky Tooth Cycles, LLC
101 D Street
Bisbee, AZ
Available Mon.-Sat. 10am - 7pm MST

question about the ride?? ok i wanna go but not this year probley. thare is one every year right? and do most people run smaller sprockets will a 44t do good on a race like that? and what are some of the upgrades that some people have on their bike in those races?

Forgot to mention...

We will be stopping at a group campsite below the peak of Mt. Lemmon. (Exact location will be available at the start of the rally.) If you would like to pitch in for the BBQ, we are requesting a $5 food donation or bring a dish to share with everybody!

First, Second, and Third place finishers will receive BIG prizes! To help offset this cost, we are asking for a $10 entry fee to race.

Potlucks can turn out bland if everyone bakes the same PicKle LoaF CaSserole! If you would like to bring something, please contact Lynn Vance with your ideas:

lynnvance@hotmail.com

or

Lynn Vance @ 520-883-6781

Thank you!

-Spooky Tooth

Back