Death wobble

Death wobble at 17mph?
tenor.gif

Not saying there isn't an issue at 17mph Red, but a death wobble?

Once a week? I check that vital components are tight EVERY RIDE (vital components = engine mount ... front and back rim ... and brake system).
Yea, I check tire pressure, all nutz and bolts, steering, seat angle, chain, frame welds, lubed, and about 20 other checks before every ride. I think we're a like Frizzie. We dream a lot and think dreams come true. It's great to feel safe!

Roller skates - aka quads or, famously, 'disco rollers' - will develop speed wobbles at roughly 10-12 mph, standard skateboards at about 20+, unless you've got your trucks set to 'surfy', longboards 25 or so.
The fastest I remember going on a bicycle (no engine) was 37, trying to get from 1st job to 2nd job, downhill, on a very busy street while also trying to not get run over by cars doing 60+ in a 40. Barracuda A2B MTB, mid-90s.
No wobbles.
As others have said, if the front end shakes, rattles and rolls, your prime suspects should be hub or head set bearings, bolts, nuts.

I mean completely talking about wind factors , specifically 90 degrees to the direction your traveling. Your body makes up a bigger 'sail' then the damn reflectors in your wheels. If there's a 30mph cross wind for example, your body is taking the brunt of it, making that force 'top heavy' if you know what I mean.
Reminds me of driving a VW camper out in the desert in the wind…An underpowered brick that acts like a sail in the wind.

Back