Decent Stand?

FrizzleFried

Local time
10:08 PM
Can anyone recommend a decent "best bang for the buck" stand for working on a bike? I picked up one of the orange/black stands from Amazon they have and it sucks for the most part...

91bp2DLgJjL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I don't have a bunch of dough, but there's gotta be better than this...

Look at youtube for some DIY Bike stand ideas. There is more than one video out there where they have been built from basic plumbing pipe and clamps from the hardware store for about 40 or so bucks. If you have some stuff laying around it could probably be done for less.

Alternative options include a ratchet strap or two from a rafter. Always a personal favorite in my last garage space lol.

Is the problem that it can't bare the weight of the bike? Because it looks to be no more than a means to remove the rear tire without having to flip the bike upside down.

Yeah, that stand isn't very sturdy... nor is it a good solution for keeping the bike upright. It's OK to 'store" the bike with ... or to a basic rim change... but expect to have to re-position the bike continually. Essentially, it's no better (and probably worse) than a simple 2-leg kickstand...

Back