Decision made schwinn meridian will get a staton honda GX35 kit

Seanik

Local time
9:54 AM
After a lot of research I finally decided on the Staton Honda GX35 kit for my now rehabbed Schwinn meridian. I considered a 79cc predator kit and liked the lower cost but I wanted quality and the ability to keep the rear basket. I considered friction drive and electric but for my needs the Staton kit seems the way to go. Also ordered a sunlite seat with backrest and a twist grip throttle control instead of the lever control.
Here at early Feb. in Erie, Pa we have had 144" (12feet) of snow this year. the record is 149" there will be no problem breaking that record, between snow removal and hibernation periods I will have plenty of time to install the trike kit before Spring.

Keep well and warm my trikeing friends,

The Staton Honda GX35 kit is now installed on my Schwinn Meridian. I lifted the bike up on 2 sawhorses so it was easy to work on, but after installation it gained weight and was heavier and not so easy to lift down to ground level. The installation went well with the pictures on the net, Statons instructions are a bit vague. In order to use the rear basket I had to lift it up to clear the motor. I used 2 pieces of 2 X 3 X 1 1/2 painted black, clears motor by 1/2". All the accessories are installed such as a rear view mirror, sunlite seat with back rest, flashing lights front and rear, extra reflectors am waiting for speedo computer and horn on a slow boat from China. There is still a lot of snow on the ground here in Erie Pa and cold temps prevent a ride for now. I will post pictures and ride performance results as the temps warm and the snow disappears.

I just installed a Staton, inc. Honda GX35 kit on my Schwinn Meridian trike and so far I really like it. I'm taking my time and breaking it in easy.

Back