Deer john

DieselTech

Local time
3:55 AM
Ok took about a 8 mile cruise this morning, bike little sluggish this morning as its 48°f out. Was a good ride,
20211015_121324.jpg
but going to have to get the warm weather riding clothes out.

Ok took about a 8 mile cruise this morning, bike little sluggish this morning as its 48°f out. Was a good ride,View attachment 159441 but going to have to get the warm weather riding clothes out.
I was looking at that pipe on the other thread, and was thinking it would be a good candidate for a belly stinger. Sure would get rid of that sluggishness, Hedgehogs eat slugs.

Can I ask what a belly stinger is & do you have a pic of one so I have a idea?

The one I have is mounted different that the one for that pipe. You can't even tell if it's in the belly or not, but I guarantee it is.

The belly stinger's end starts part way in the expansion chamber. When I built mine I just measured the mid point of the baffle cone and marked of the tube to where it goes inside and welded there. Because yours is curved like that you would have to make yours external.

I used a belly stinger once. I thought it was my pipe dragging me down. Turned out it was the carb. Then I went to saw carbs. I ended up hacking the pipe up to make my KS65 pipe. Had to patch the hole in the chamber where my stinger came out. I want to try it again since I know better than before. Thanks to the help here. It was a lot quieter coming out of the belly. Hit good, but the carb I was using was just to small and I didnt realize that till I had hacked up the pipe already.

Yeah I got to do some more research/reading on 2 stroke exhaust, what effects what & why type stuff.

Lol now if I know what a belly stinger is? I believe its where your stinger protrudes 1/2 way into your belly/expansion chamber.

Back