Defective Heavy Duty Axle Kit

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Today I attempted to shim the sprocket where it is bolted to the free wheel and found it very difficult to accomplish. I improved it a little but could not get rid of the snaking, which I see clearly is caused by misaligned threading of the hub or the sprocket free wheel. It is hard enough to build these bikes but bad parts shipped by dealers can really foul up the effort. Why should have to solve their manufacturing problems? It's totally irresponsible to ship defective parts, both the manufacturer and the dealer are responsible, to make a few bucks. Eventually, someone will get hurt due to bad parts, and I hope it isn't me. Mike S

Now I'm learning something else: The chain supplied with the Grubee kit is inferior to a standard ANSI 41 chain, which has wider rollers, 1/4 inch. With wider links, the chain would be better at handling misaligned sprockets or sprocket teeth. I will buy a new chain. Mike

the chains included with the 2smoke kits are all inferior to a good #41 chain
(#41 chains are standard with an EZM kit though ! :))

good morning all, i just recieved a bbr hd axle kit, Im having issues with the sprocket adaptor threading on to the axle. can anyone give me hand in figuring this out?

engine drive side is Left hand thread, right? CCW tightens it. make sure both threads are free from any grit and threads don't look damaged or squirrelly and maybe couple drops of oil on both threads can help. need patience with these China-made parts. worst comes to worst it's defective and possibly BB will replace. hope you have some luck!

Yeah, engine drive sprocket adaptor is LH thread, but the brake adaptor is RH thread. Pedal side is RH thread.

Also, don't waste your time with the band brake that comes with the hub. It's beyond useless. Look for a thread-on disc brake adaptor or use rim brakes.

Back