Dellorto 15.15C Carb

NOLA Rider

Local time
7:00 PM
Hello all. First time writing on here, so bear with me if I break some rules. I received a cheaper CNS carb as a gift after my Grubee CNS carb broke internally and have had nothing but frustration trying to get the air mixer right. After months of fiddling and cursing, I now have a bike that refuses to start. So looking to purchase a decent carb and just be done with my $25 gifted one. I found a Dellorto 15.15C I like but it specifically includes a "C" in the name and says "cable choke" in the description. Can anyone tell me if that means I have to manually adjust the choke or will it self adjust on its own? I'm also open to other carb suggestions. Grant me your wisdom and guidance, oh great wizards of the forum!

Hello all. First time writing on here, so bear with me if I break some rules. I received a cheaper CNS carb as a gift after my Grubee CNS carb broke internally and have had nothing but frustration trying to get the air mixer right. After months of fiddling and cursing, I now have a bike that refuses to start. So looking to purchase a decent carb and just be done with my $25 gifted one. I found a Dellorto 15.15C I like but it specifically includes a "C" in the name and says "cable choke" in the description. Can anyone tell me if that means I have to manually adjust the choke or will it self adjust on its own? I'm also open to other carb suggestions. Grant me your wisdom and guidance, oh great wizards of the forum!
If it is a real Dellorto it will be stamped w/ Dellorto on it, some are CLONES... Runtong is one but there are different makers out there. They work ok but a genuine Dellorto is around 60$ and are great for these little engines... any small improvement is helpful. It IS watt It IS.

It definitely is stamped and looks good. I'm just not sure if it will require repeated tuning before it works. I've read descriptions stating "You just slap it on and go. No tuning required!" and I'm not sure how true this is.

Those RunTong carbs are not bad at all.

I have two, i have a #69 jet and one with a #72 jet i change in the season changes.
If ya have a real dellorto carb then keep it and find another one then change out when weather changes....hot to co...cold to hot..ya know?

Just my two cents :)

Ride Safe!

It definitely is stamped and looks good. I'm just not sure if it will require repeated tuning before it works. I've read descriptions stating "You just slap it on and go. No tuning required!" and I'm not sure how true this is.
Jet changes are the only tuning to a RunTong,and maybe trim the spring some to get the slide to open more on your idle screw. Then ride it like ya stole it bro.

Thanks. I'm getting it for sure then (via legal means with paperwork that will hold up in a court of law). Good bye air/fuel mixer screw. Hello angry/annoyed/complaining neighbors!

That RunTong is a pretty decent carb...ya might like it.
As said before, i have 2 of them RT carbs...one for winter the other for summer....easy peasy changing the carbs out on the weather changes.
@NOLA Rider, welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for the tips, guys. Winters down here are pretty mild compared to most of the country I would imagine, but it can't hurt to have a winter carb as well. At what temp do you typically want to change it out?

Back