Dellorto carbs

Yes someone could, and that someone would be you. You won't see a lot here using phbg's. Mostly sha's or their clones. Street Ryderz and Butre are hot rodders. Ryderz is experimenting with OKO. Got no idea what Butre is up to, but I'd guess it's Mikuni. Nobody can tell you what size jet or needle or needle setting you need without a s**t load of more info. Once that is supplied they may steer you in your tunning. I suck at carb tunning on those I am unfamiliar with so hit these guys up.

I am just trying to get more power that's why I'm going with this what exactly is a phgb carb what is the difference between this and bikeberrys hp carb

I'm 0 in 2 of these SHA clones, now, what junk. Damn Chinese factory workers should be given detention! My first one runs okay, but won't idle, it just revs like crazy all the time. I bought another one, it idles great, but bogs out when the throttle is opened. The second one has a brass jet of some kind regulating the air into the emulsion tube that the first one doesn't have, for some reason. That has to have something to do with it, but I haven't had enough time to get to the bottom of it.

I am just trying to get more power that's why I'm going with this what exactly is a phgb carb what is the difference between this and bikeberrys hp carb

So, what carb are you using now?...The stock NT 14mm carb?

Since you want more power I assume you already have the carb you're using now pretty much fine tuned.

Let's see, your intake manifold inlet tube is MAYBE bigger than the carb if you have the steel intake or, maybe you have the aluminum intake?

Bolting on the HP racing 15mm supercharged turbo NOS Dellorto clone carb isn't really going to give you much in the way of added power..Maybe a better "tune" if you do that properly..The air filter most come with might help a little negating you richen up the carb a tad bit but that's about it.

I guess being 1mm larger in diameter the HP carb might give a tiny tad bit more power over a stock one as long as the intake manifold is suitable for a bigger carb meaning at least 15mm for the inlet but, there is so many other places to find a hell of alot more power than with a carb swap unless you have some fairly major work done to the motor and the carburetor is an actual restriction.

Last edited:
Back