Delorto Knockoff Carb

:cool:Sun, i just purchased a DELLORTO knockoff from Davesmotor. it is a replica of the genuine DELLORTO carb mounted on my 40cc Polini engine.

the price was right at $35 with filter, but the new cable is too short.

FWIW, ya have to make several mods to take advantage of a larger carb. i installed an advanced timing key, and am awaiting arrival of the tuned pipe and smaller friction roller.

more compression would be nice, but the new piston, cylinder and head would change my $99 ebay bargain into a $500 enigma.

Myron

:cool:Sun, i heeded your experience with the reed valves when i installed the 4-petal reed kit under the DELLORTO on my pocket bike engine. it bolted on very easily, although the mounting bolts should have been 5mm longer. they are too short, and are not "grabbing" enough threads on the engine case.

Myron

5-7 heaven, th' four petal reed cages Do make more power.....although they can be a bit pricey.....as well as take up alot of space. Also, is this engine on a bicycle or something else? How does it run now? Regardless.......hope it kicks ***! I recently installed my 14mm sha dellorto knock off carb myself (couldnt wait).......with a #90 jet it ran OK.......VERY similar to my "stock" modded pocketbike carb.......just not as viscous (torquey). I tryed th' #95 when it got colder out here in michigan (36-40 degrees) but it just guzzed gas and ran crappy. Currently, th' 47cc on da spoiler has th' #85 jet.....again, not bad.....but I might swap th' carbs back until I can get a genuine dellorto 16mm phbg carb. WAY more tuneability! This sucker has one of THREE jets just for starting!??!

:cool:Son, the 4-petal kit cost me $95, plus less than $7 shipping. That's cheap for me.

The kit merely shifted the carb less than 1" forward, and poses no interference issues on a bicycle.

My 49cc pocket bike engine is on a 1970's SCHWINN HEAVY DUTI cruiser and STATON friction drive. With DELLORTO,4-petal reed induction, advance key and tuned pipe, the bike should fly.

If I install my STATON gearbox, the bike might lift a few inches off the ground if I add wings and rudder.:rolleyes:

Back