Demise of my motored bike

L

Lukass

A little grim I know, but fear not it will be returned to it's former glory.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/bushpig450/DSC03528.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/bushpig450/DSC03535.jpg

I'm still pissed off every time I see it but a quick look over and it seems that most of the engine related bits are ok. So far I have a snapped frame, bent bars, mangled exhaust, broken lever perch and some cable damage where it tried to go in two different directions. Tank has even more dings now and it got jammed right back and bent the brackets plus now I can't get the freakin cap off it, must have tweaked the whole thing out of shape a bit. Front tyre actually ripped open when it went back and into the chainring.

Have to go do some work now, story later.

I hope you are alright from that and that the parts are able to be salvaged. That fork and brake set looks pretty nice :???:

I am a huge fan of Giant Bikes and I know they are built rugged and stout. I rode many bike trips on my Giant that were multiday. Sorry for your loss I hope you can find another frame to just replace it and keep all the existing bike parts that are good.

BTW is that one of those public BBQ pits? that you push the little button and it fires up and can cook on?

the bike can be fixed ,as long as your ok thats all that matters,I hope your pride is what hurt worse that the body.....get well and fix bike later

I think we all wanna know exactly how it happened. What did you hit? ...or.... what hit you???

hope it wasn't a small pebble that threw you off balance. That would suck, because it's easy to get revenge on cars, hard to get revenge on gravel.

I hit a car in front of me that stopped suddenly the other day, my bike is also unusable and I'm trying to find a nice beach cruiser to replace it.

You aren't the guy on the youtube vid who tried to jump his bike are ya'?

JUST KIDDING....unless you are..... :???:

SlicerDicer said:
I hope you are alright from that and that the parts are able to be salvaged. That fork and brake set looks pretty nice :???:

I am a huge fan of Giant Bikes and I know they are built rugged and stout. I rode many bike trips on my Giant that were multiday. Sorry for your loss I hope you can find another frame to just replace it and keep all the existing bike parts that are good.

BTW is that one of those public BBQ pits? that you push the little button and it fires up and can cook on?

Not sure about the fork yet, looks ok but could be bent. Disc works pretty well but if I am riding hard the 6" disc overheats pretty quickly, need a caliper mount to run an 8".

I have had that bike for a long time and it has had a very hard life rugged is an understatement.

Thanks mate, it will be back in action soon enough.

BBQ is in my backyard.

srdavo said:
Dude.....you okay???

Bit banged up but pretty good considering, if theres one thing I am good at it's falling off stuff.

iRide Customs said:
That looks like it might have hurt a little.

What exactly caused that kind of a failure??

Dan

Failure was caused by the tool in a Mazda 6 that pulled out in front of me.

Riding down the road and he is waiting to turn right out of a sidestreet (we drive on the left so he is going to cross my lane and go the opposite direction). Spotted him from ages away and he was just sitting there, told me later that he was screwing with the stereo or something. Anyway right about the time I was about to go past he must have got his tunes sorted and decided to go...

Couldn't have timed it better if he was trying, road is fairly narrow so he was in front of me in an instant. I barely even got to touch the brakes or turn before I hit him in the front right corner.

TBC

What a &$^@%@$$#^!!! Glad to hear you didn't get hurt badly. I know about bicycle accidents and how bad they can be...justt have a llok at my spine. It's held together with titanium rods from a gnarly crash.

I know what will cure the overheating problems you're having with your brakes. What you need to do is locate this weird little lever thing that is perched on your handlebars, I think it activates something that slows you down. I not sure though...cause I haven't used it for a LONG time. When you find that little lever thing, don't ever touch it. Problem solved :) I know using cars to stop sounds like fun but look what it can do to your bike.

Dan

Hope ya back on the road soon bro

I have found that a flashing front light on in the daytime will help to get car drivers attention.

If I see a potential idiot ready to pull out in front of me, I usually point my finger at them (same way a copper points at you to pull over for a random breath test) 9 times out of 10 it works.

I usually have some interesting vocab for them if they want to be stoopid.

All the best

Wots on the barby :LOL:

Andy

Back