"Dhampir" motorized bicycle project

Good day to all! For a long time I wanted to post my topic on this forum.

First, by the name of this monster. What is a dhampir? We open google and find something like this: "Dhampir is half human, half vampire." Dampires is generally portrayed as one with all or most powers of a vampire, with few to no disadvantages."
If it is easier, then the concept of this bike is simple. Ideally, it should take the best from both kinds of transport and, if possible, not have their disadvantages. From bicycle - size, weight and the ability to ride pedals. From a light motorcycle - the dynamics of acceleration and cruising speed. All this - with weight and dimensions, under which it can be stored in the apartment. Of course, because is a single-speed engine, the ideal "balance" between "bicycling" and "motorcycling" is impossible. With a big rear sprocket we get a lot of traction, but a small speed. With the small rear sprocket - a high speed, but much less acceleration dynamics.

And therefore, in more detail on the engine. It is a two-stroke water cooling engine from ktm sx 50 dirt bike. A resonator tuve was welded now. And rotor of the water pump is made on the CNC. For the engine were purchased two radiators from KTM SX 65 and 19mm Dellorto PHBG carburetor.

045-1dz3BMYYoDE.jpg

055-FveEueQVsrE.jpg

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3832.JPG

The frame of this bike was welded from a thick-walled steel profile. Main part (top, down and seat tubes) - from 50x50x3mm square tube, and for chain and seat stays - 40x20x2mm tube. Weight of a complete frame is 16kg. Weight of a complete bike is 56kg.

Canon PowerShot A530_20170905_225128.jpg

IMG_2451.JPG

Canon PowerShot A530_20170924_200931.jpg

Canon PowerShot A530_20171011_032553.jpg

IMG_3829.JPG

The head tube, the bottom bracket shell and top of the seat tube is made from steel on a lathe. Saddle - lepper primus.

029-bN7Kd0ZWdCE.jpg

027-7tbXd8hCIxA.jpg

Canon PowerShot A530_20171008_201716.jpg

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 399
Wow! There's a ton of work in that bike - - really nice! It looks a bit top heavy though. How does it handle?
Probably like a dirt bike that got put on a diet, that's a solid ride! Bet it handles good enough he won't go back to bicycle frames. Some things I'm actually afraid to do because I think the bike will crack apart, this thing would accept a lot of contorting and slams comparatively.

I also keep getting that itch to leave the dirt road from watching that video, too much dirt bike and snowcats in me, that bike might be sturdy but it is still a bicycle, I would be just as hesitant I guess just for the sake of the machine and if the farmers don't like their meadows ripped through... Understandable, if they wanted tracks they would have done it already..

Then again these things aren't so heavy that they'd do major damage... Still maybe not a good idea if the owner gots a lot of rifles and is good with them.. I hear Russia is a gun playground, good thing too it teaches people to be respectable because you never know who's got one, but chances are they probably do. Kinda like how gentleman's talk was actually civilized back when the wild west was still a thing, nothing like fear, shame, and honor to keep a civilization rolling well towards advancement.

I'm getting off track a bit, but I'll say one more good thing about Russia, they totally royalty screwed Trump over, any jackass like that elected to presidency who has the gall to lie to his own country the way he did deserves to get f***ed over well, took the smarts of a Russian man to do it for us.. Hopefully we get a little smarter this time round, honestly a corrupt individual like himself shouldn't even be able to get on the ballot, as far as Russian tampering goes its America's fault for giving them an idiot pawn to play with in the first place and not catching on to this far far sooner.

These fields are not private property, so I can ride on dirt roads as long as I want. For several years I made a trip of nearly 500 kilometers, half of which on dirt roads. Also, I can not be afraid of farmers with rifles - we have very strict laws related to weapons. In Russia there are relatively few people who have weapons.

These fields are not private property, so I can ride on dirt roads as long as I want. For several years I made a trip of nearly 500 kilometers, half of which on dirt roads. Also, I can not be afraid of farmers with rifles - we have very strict laws related to weapons. In Russia there are relatively few people who have weapons.
I didn't know that, I was from a place with plenty of rifles and not many camera's, I guess if somebody shot me it would be very difficult to even figure out where the bullet came from and even harder to find out who sent it down the tube. Maybe it does make a little sense to control such things a bit better, but not too much... Glad to hear though you have a pretty unrestricted chance at having fun.

Back