Diagnosing an engine and retuning a carb?

1 gallon equals 3.89L. Up here in the great white north everything is metric. I put 80ml of oil in a 2L jug, fill with fuel and agitate. That gives you a mix of 25:1, perfect for break in. After that I use 60ml per 2L for a ratio that is around 33:1, that's it. It's easy for me because I can pump exactly 2L at the pump.
I do around 160ml / 5L which is around 32:1 but slightly lower. 31.25 to be exact. But it's not like I'm using measuring cups so it's always somewhere around there.

My 5L gas can will last me about 2 or 3 weeks depending on how much I ride (obviously). Recently started using 93 because it's the only thing I can get that has no ethanol in it and the bike likes it a lot better than the E10/E15 87 garbage sold here up north.

Here's the video of me uncertain on if the engine sounds healthy when it's de-accelerating

1 gallon equals 3.89L. Up here in the great white north everything is metric. I put 80ml of oil in a 2L jug, fill with fuel and agitate. That gives you a mix of 25:1, perfect for break in. After that I use 60ml per 2L for a ratio that is around 33:1, that's it. It's easy for me because I can pump exactly 2L at the pump.
This is exactly what I do.
An easy way to mix the gas and oil in your gas tank when your filling up at the gas station is
Pick up your bike and shake it for 3 minutes This will mix the gas and oil in your tank :LOL:

Seems to work for me, I even shake the bike upside down (works best with the gas cap off)
I don't believe this; this guy is yanking our chain :-\
No chain yanking over here

uncertain on if the engine sounds healthy when it's de-accelerating
That just the drive gears whining. You need to apply some high temp grease to the crank and clutch ring gears. This should be done fairly regularly to keep them lubricated. Also apply grease to the bucking bar and ball, and to the clutch cam.

Attachments

• P1020268.JPG
    P1020268.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 95
  • P1020270.JPG
    P1020270.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 74
  • P1020273.JPG
    P1020273.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 84
It's all easy once you know how. Just remember; the needle on the slide goes up and down, while the bicycle engine goes vroom-vroom-vroom, and wheels on the bike go round and round. ;)

That just the drive gears whining. You need to apply some high temp grease to the crank and clutch ring gears. This should be done fairly regularly to keep them lubricated. Also apply grease to the bucking bar and ball, and to the clutch cam.
So that's a normal sound? So I applied grease in the clutch gear (where the small gear and big gear meet) and the clutch arm, I lubricated the bucking bar and went heavy on the end of the bar where the bar and ball meet ball because I cant pull the ball out.

Now quick question : I seen the grease you applied to the clutch gear. I was told not to go heavy because the clutch will then slip.

(Below is the kind of grease I used)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-112427.png
    Screenshot_20220806-112427.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 110
I'm not sure if I should take the bait or not. ~:-/
I don't know why people think I'm messing with them. Would people rather see someone not ask questions and ruin their stuff? I'm just looking for help man. I'm doing all that I can to figure stuff out on my own but some stuff I just don't know.

got a magnet if so rub it against a small screw driver then grab the ball with that tadaaaaa

also when it comes to grease this will be your friend till the end

71WjuS+7tBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

question whats your elevation, are you in the mountains of doom or you low waiting to become one with nessie

if you don't know google

got a magnet if so rub it against a small screw driver then grab the ball with that tadaaaaa

also when it comes to grease this will be your friend till the end

71WjuS+7tBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Oooo it's not to expensive either. Thanks for putting me on to this. I'm going to grab a magnet tool next time I get paid and make a trip to harbor freight. Just curious with the synthetic super lube I got, will that be good for right now? I figured at least I got synthetic.

Back