Diary of My "Moped" build Registration in Florida

Looks like the same one I got...cool!
So now when it's finally done, i need to head up to Orange City 116 miles away around by Daytona and waste the day there for a vin number and inspection, paper work and if something is wrong i got to fixit and come back and spend another 20 to recheck. So if that happens I'll just get a room some where and check the bike shops in Daytona make a 3 day party out of it.

So now when it's finally done, i need to head up to Orange City 116 miles away around by Daytona and waste the day there for a vin number and inspection, paper work and if something is wrong i got to fixit and come back and spend another 20 to recheck. So if that happens I'll just get a room some where and check the bike shops in Daytona make a 3 day party out of it.
I will be going to Palmetto office near Bradenton… 100 miles away.. have you sent any of the paperwork or photos yet or are you still building? Also wonder how long the appointment wait list will be after paperwork approved?

I will be going to Palmetto office near Bradenton… 100 miles away.. have you sent any of the paperwork or photos yet or are you still building? Also wonder how long the appointment wait list will be after paperwork approved?
Still building. Have not sent anything or even contacted anyone yet. But I believe I got all the paper work and then some. Got 2 other builds too. I'll work on one as much as I can , then go to another. I need to post some pics when I get around to it. The 1 I want to plate up is a old Jamis beach cruiser which is getting wired up. The second one is a old Walmart roadmaster for trail riding. 3 is Huffy trike with a 79 predator just for running to the Dollar Gen. or WD never leaves the hood. Cops haven't bothered me on that. They more than likely get a laugh out of it. And now I got a 3 litter tank frame I'm painting for #4 lol.

Still building. Have not sent anything or even contacted anyone yet. But I believe I got all the paper work and then some. Got 2 other builds too. I'll work on one as much as I can , then go to another. I need to post some pics when I get around to it. The 1 I want to plate up is a old Jamis beach cruiser which is getting wired up. The second one is a old Walmart roadmaster for trail riding. 3 is Huffy trike with a 79 predator just for running to the Dollar Gen. or WD never leaves the hood. Cops haven't bothered me on that. They more than likely get a laugh out of it. And now I got a 3 litter tank frame I'm painting for #4 lol.
Wow.. sounds like a garage full of projects. I am working on the rear lights and license plate mounting. Using 1/8 inch aluminum plate and some super bright LED marker lights i had from another project. Wiring supplies arrive today and will build the harness over the weekend. Struggling with where to mount the battery box on my gas tank frame. It is about 4 x3 x2 inches; 6 amp lithium. May have to hang under the down tube above the front wheel where it will catch a bunch of road debris but the waterproof box and connectors should be ok. Here is a pic of the rear light bracket. I will be mounting it on the back end of a solid Blackburn Rack doubling as a rear fender.

Attachments

• IMG_1470.JPG
    IMG_1470.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 150
Put small saddle bags on the rear of bike & hide the battery in one of the saddle bags, also you can put your flasher relay & other components in there.

Rear light package coming together

Attachments

• 08DECC09-3527-45DB-B54E-9633BDB6461E.jpeg
    08DECC09-3527-45DB-B54E-9633BDB6461E.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 143
  • 259B4C53-08B7-48E5-B2D1-C84D00FCF673.jpeg
    259B4C53-08B7-48E5-B2D1-C84D00FCF673.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 148
  • FC010378-9D01-4A14-A653-CDD8D6A66298.jpeg
    FC010378-9D01-4A14-A653-CDD8D6A66298.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 138
Looks good, I like how you configured your lights, when people see that at night, they'll be like WTF is that. Lol

Got a bunch of wiring done today. Rear Light board, one end of the main harness feeding the rear, front light and horn. Need to wait for my rear rack to come on Tuesday before I finalize the harness and its length. Did not want to guess at it. Made a few errors today but was able to recover from both of them including using the extra wire I had in the harness for "What if" and found out I had an "if" to use it for my turn signal flasher. Glad it was there.

Attachments

• IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 136
It has been over a month since I last posted. Ran in to many small "detail" issues with the components particularly the "motor ready bike" from Bikeberry. (Tank frame bike) Over the course of the next several posts, I will diary the build and some of the issues of which a few still exist. As of today, I have sent my paper work to the DMV with the "completed" pictures and now wait for them to call and hopefully schedule the inspection.

Back