Diary of My "Moped" build Registration in Florida

I tap mine to 1/8" national pipe thread, cause I'm not dealing with the stupid 10mmx1.0mm factory threading. If your thread is 10mmx1.0mm a ⅛ pipe fitting will thread right in there, & I've never had 1 leak yet. I believe ⅛ pipe thread is ⅛x27npt threading.

Here is the petcock I use, it's a sten's brand. I can get part# if things dont work out for you. Stens part# 120-279, Oregon part# 07-400
20211208_071840.jpg

Use a remote fuel shut off, put a barb in the tank with a short piece of hose on the end and then a petcock with a hose to the filter and carb.
Great suggestion for the space issue... I hope I can figure out the threading issue.

Thanks,

Dennis

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I tap mine to 1/8" national pipe thread, cause I'm not dealing with the stupid 10mmx1.0mm factory threading. If your thread is 10mmx1.0mm a ⅛ pipe fitting will thread right in there, & I've never had 1 leak yet. I believe ⅛ pipe thread is ⅛x27npt threading.
Thanks

Here is the petcock I use, it's a sten's brand. I can get part# if things dont work out for you.
I can use those. I'm really tired of the cheap on/off valves that come in the kits, and after-market. All they want to do is leak.
Amazon, here I come.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah, NPT 1/8" x 27 is correct. But it's confusing to some.
Isn't it a trip the 1/8" is the ID of the pipe and the OD is 3/8" where the threads actually are.

I received the valve from MZ today and it fits! I took it to the hardware store this evening to try and identify the threads..... they did not have any metric pipe fittings but in the bolts and nuts section the tread checking models suggest that it is 10mm 1,5 course. While I could screw it into 1.0 and 1.25, it did not go all the way in... perhaps because it is tapered. Visually, the thread pitch looked more like the 1.5 threaded bolt than the others. I will likely buy a couple of 10mm threaded barb of various pitch and end up going with the suggestion of inline valve and filter. Thanks for all the suggestions on this one

On Monday I took "completed" photos of my build, completed the paperwork and sent them off to DMV regional in central Florida (100 miles away) along with my check for $40. Now I wait for the "review" and if approved, they will call me to make an appointment to take the bike there for an inspection of compliance. If approved, they issue a VIN and a registration. I waited two days and contacted them today: " it is a 2-4 week wait for review and appointment. We do inspections only on Tuesdays... good news is, it might be closer to 2 weeks as your is # 20 in the stack"!! So like most of our bureaucratic compliance, when you do the legal and right thing, you are last to get the benefits....but I have made that choice so I will wait. The bike is not ready and an there are a few loose ends. But I have plenty of time the next three weeks to finish it up and clean up some of the details.

Attachments

• bike back.jpg
    bike back.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 116
  • bike front.jpg
    bike front.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 112
On Monday I took "completed" photos of my build, completed the paperwork and sent them off to DMV regional in central Florida (100 miles away) along with my check for $40. Now I wait for the "review" and if approved, they will call me to make an appointment to take the bike there for an inspection of compliance. If approved, they issue a VIN and a registration. I waited two days and contacted them today: " it is a 2-4 week wait for review and appointment. We do inspections only on Tuesdays... good news is, it might be closer to 2 weeks as your is # 20 in the stack"!! So like most of our bureaucratic compliance, when you do the legal and right thing, you are last to get the benefits....but I have made that choice so I will wait. The bike is not ready and an there are a few loose ends. But I have plenty of time the next three weeks to finish it up and clean up some of the details.
Where did you buy the orange, chevron, fork reflectors??

That's quite the mud flap/ light plate ya got there.
Cant miss it you got lights

Back