Diary of My "Moped" build Registration in Florida

Suggestion: Get Scooter - Moped controls, Very easy to find on E Bay. They fit 7/8" handle bars too.
Also they can be bought in different control arrangements.

Pic of Whizzer M/B controls.
Yes the brake levers activates the brake light and they have mirror mounts too
The little thumb lever on the L/H controls is for the Compression release on my Whizzer but it can also be used for a choke

Another suggestion use Red for the brake and stop lights, Yellow is for turn signals, Yellow is not for tail or stop lights

Attachments

• DSCF1597.JPG
    DSCF1597.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF1598.JPG
    DSCF1598.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF1586.JPG
    DSCF1586.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 180
This is not the brake lever I got, i believe this is what insight3fl is referring to, it's a dual pull brake lever for a quad runner with mechanical cable pull brakes. I might order it for my bike as it would clean up the handle bars.View attachment 160138
This is the one is what I got and cheaper.

sthus 22mm Twin Brake Lever Handle Mini Pit Pocket Quad Dirt Bike ATV Motorised Bike https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KLWK87...abc_EDJJ5ZJACW73A5AKSBDH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks for the replies. I will try and keep this thread on track (Getting built and licensed process) but since I will be out of town for the next week while several major components are delivered including the bike frame, I can only follow up on the replies and add any more details until I start building in two weeks.

The dual lever posted by Mr. Diesel looks like the one I have. On the comments I made about yellow stop lights it was more of a matter of FYI and the reason I may use yellow is because I have them in hand. Upon testing and configuring, I will decide if I use them, but if Not, I will BUY and use red ones.

Lastly I am still hoping I may here from someone in Florida that has accomplished this bureaucratic shuffle within the past two years.

Later,

Dennis

Thanks for the replies. I will try and keep this thread on track (Getting built and licensed process) but since I will be out of town for the next week while several major components are delivered including the bike frame, I can only follow up on the replies and add any more details until I start building in two weeks.

The dual lever posted by Mr. Diesel looks like the one I have. On the comments I made about yellow stop lights it was more of a matter of FYI and the reason I may use yellow is because I have them in hand. Upon testing and configuring, I will decide if I use them, but if Not, I will BUY and use red ones.

Lastly I am still hoping I may here from someone in Florida that has accomplished this bureaucratic shuffle within the past two years.

Later,

Dennis
OOPS, My BAD the controls I suggested will only work if ya got a coaster brake, centrifugal (auto) clutch. or use a third hand lever.
I really need to start paying more attention :ROFLMAO:

Good luck with everything

The build has finally begun. After delivery of my bike two weeks ago while I was out of town, I finally got a day into the project Saturday unboxing and fumbling around with a box of mixed up parts and no diagrams, check lists or any guidance of how to assemble the forks or the disc brakes all which are "new fangled" to this old bike builder of the 1980's.

Attachments

• IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 139
Greetings! I am new to the forum and got the motorbike bug reminiscent of my younger days and decided to go all in. I have all of the components on order and have reached out to DMV and got all the forms and a good contact person via email. At first I thought it might not be possible and then after reading endless details of the statute and demands of the forms, it might well be doable.

I know it will take me quite a while to make the initial build with all of the required safety equipment, but I want those bells and whistles anyway for my safety. I have no idea what to expect when I send all of the pictures and complete all of the documents which are required to be approved before you can even make the appointment for inspection (which is located a 2.5 hour drive from my home).

My plan is to provide a detailed picture diary and update on the paperwork process so others can follow.

Before all the fun begins (I have the motor 48CC and under 2 hp and the motor ready bike in hand so far) has any forum member done this or tried to do it (here in Florida) and if so how did it go?

Thanks,

Dennis
In the same boat Dennis . working on building a wiring harness for all the lights and turn signals too. Got a universal brake light switch for a motorcycle and hook up the spring to the brake clamp and see if that works. In theory it should.

Greetings! I am new to the forum and got the motorbike bug reminiscent of my younger days and decided to go all in. I have all of the components on order and have reached out to DMV and got all the forms and a good contact person via email. At first I thought it might not be possible and then after reading endless details of the statute and demands of the forms, it might well be doable.

I know it will take me quite a while to make the initial build with all of the required safety equipment, but I want those bells and whistles anyway for my safety. I have no idea what to expect when I send all of the pictures and complete all of the documents which are required to be approved before you can even make the appointment for inspection (which is located a 2.5 hour drive from my home).

My plan is to provide a detailed picture diary and update on the paperwork process so others can follow.

Before all the fun begins (I have the motor 48CC and under 2 hp and the motor ready bike in hand so far) has any forum member done this or tried to do it (here in Florida) and if so how did it go?

Thanks,

Dennis

In the same boat Dennis . working on building a wiring harness for all the lights and turn signals too. Got a universal brake light switch for a motorcycle and hook up the spring to the brake clamp and see if that works. In theory it should.
Thanks for the input. I bought a dual break leaver with a built in switch. Tested it yesterday and it works great. Good Luck and post some pictures of your progress.. I just ordered the wire, the sheath and connectors today. Doing the diagram and layout tonight. Need to build the light holder / license plate mount from some sheet aluminum this weekend . FYI, in Florida you don't have have turn signals, but my control switch has them and so I am at least putting them in the back... leaving the front as optional

Thanks for the input. I bought a dual break leaver with a built in switch. Tested it yesterday and it works great. Good Luck and post some pictures of your progress.. I just ordered the wire, the sheath and connectors today. Doing the diagram and layout tonight. Need to build the light holder / license plate mount from some sheet aluminum this weekend . FYI, in Florida you don't have have turn signals, but my control switch has them and so I am at least putting them in the back... leaving the front as optional
just ordered one 2 mins ago. A Weiyings dual cable w/brake light switch for atv .

Attachments

• 51V26g1Zd5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51V26g1Zd5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 145
Back