Did anyone invest in a DOT helmet and riding jacket?

lol LF, if it really is a pedal-assist bike with a helper motor, they can stop me and check it out all the want. Heck they can even ride it, but that isnt going to change what it is. I'd love one of them to tell me its classified as a motorcycle. This may come across as a bit arrogant on my part, but if more of these appear on the roads they're going to have to get used to seeing them.

I do not wear a helmet weather I am riding my honda shadow 600 vlx, or a bicycle.

Im a firm believer in wearing a helmut on a motorcycle. I havnt bought one yet for the mab but after reading here and thinking about it I will get one. Those folks riding bicycles seriously all wear them and it must be for good reason. If I were to just be pedaling I probably wouldnt but with the motor on the bike I feel its a safety issue. Now I just need to settle on a style that comfy and doesnt look like im an E.T..

Texas - you're nuts, man! I used to think "Bad things happen to other people"...but life has taught me that the word "Accident" was created to describe an UNPLANNED EVENT. This is why we wear protective gear -- when the A$$hole on their cell phone decides to turn into traffic in front of you, while you're checking your rearview mirror to pass or change lanes, etc.

If you have friends or family, do THEM a favor and protect your head at least....BTW: I know you get a pretty hot summer sun like we do in FL....I'm wearing a chrome half-shell helmet - it's actually smaller in profile than a bike helmet, and completely reflects the sun and heat! It's COOLER to wear than the bike helmet with the holes all through it.

If you wear a seatbelt, you know the feeling of driving around without it -- you kind of feel naked....After wearing my helmet for 3 days, I feel VERY vulnerable without it. I could care less how "cool" I look....I KNOW I'm a cool guy, and anyone that knows me knows that, too...for the ones that don't, and want to laugh at me...oh well....I'm a big boy and I can take it.

OK, off my soapbox...hope I helped, or wish you the best of luck!
Mark

I wear a DOT approved half shell.
I'll repeat myself. When I was 15 years old. It was the last day of school. I said see ya later to my friend Kevin who got on his bike to ride home. Less than a mile away going with the flow of traffic, he was hit from behind by a kid in a Camero going 35. Kevin hit the hood bounced into the windsheild then onto the pavement. Doctors said he was probably killed by the impact to the hood.
Luckily some teachers and parents saw the accident and followed the driver as he fled the scene. That was back before the day of cell phones and bike helmets.

For the love of God and your family, please wear a helmet.

I don't wear a helmet cause I ride on the bike trails and sidewalks so no drunk drivers,yo.

... some of them do look pretty cool,though.

I am a firm beleiver in only the good die young, so there are no worries of my untimely demise for at least another 30 to 40 years

I just ordered a DOT full face helmet yesterday and it should be here by the middle of next week. My head is much softer than anything else it will come into contact with at high speeds so I'm going to try and be safe. I like what's left of my marbles.

Back