Did anyone invest in a DOT helmet and riding jacket?

I just ordered a DOT full face helmet yesterday and it should be here by the middle of next week. My head is much softer than anything else it will come into contact with at high speeds so I'm going to try and be safe. I like what's left of my marbles.

Good Job!

DOT helmet - not yet. It's on the "Things to get when the budget allows" list.

Does your budget allow you to be out of work indefinitely?
C'mon...$40 and your done. Stay safe and healthy, man.
We're talking about lunch with the family....or a few drinks with a lady...

Does your budget allow you to be out of work indefinitely?
C'mon...$40 and your done. Stay safe and healthy, man.
We're talking about lunch with the family....or a few drinks with a lady...
I do wear a good bike helmet at all times. I'm not that much of an idiot! :-/ I am concerned about air flow with a DOT helmet, though. It gets awfully hot in the Phoenix area....

Sorry - no offense intended Lou. Just want to make sure we're all safe. As long as you have "something" on your head, I won't say another word :)

On another note, I actually like the motorcycle helmet I have better than my red bike helmet because it's chrome, and reflects the sun and heat away from my head, and also will light up when headlights hit me from behind. It seems to weigh only ounces more, and man it's COMFORTABLE! I was pleasantly surprised when I switched.

I'm getting a DOT half helmet for the MB. I never wore helmets on regular bikes, but I'm well aware that I was cheating death. I rode a skinny tire 18 pound road bike that was FAST. A woman on a bike was struck by a city bus this morning and hospitalized. I'll probably pick up a helmet for the road bike at some point too... if I ever get back on it after I build my MB that is.

Back