Did anyone invest in a DOT helmet and riding jacket?

JohnnyLoves

Local time
12:46 AM
I got a bit worried today when I looked down at my speedometer and it said 32 mph (I've been trying to get that higher...), but anyways, with that speed I think I really need to upgrade my protection. Right now the best I've got going for me is a bell bicycle helmet and a sweatshirt. I'm thinking about splurging and buying a nice motorcycle helmet and armored jacket. Has anyone done the same?

The one's I'm looking into are listed in the links below.

Modular Helmet

Cordura Armored Bike Jacket

I weat a DOT approved Beanie MC helmet. Don't think those bike or skateboard helmets will do the trick if you go down at 30 MPH.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I wear my motorcycle jacket when I ride in cooler weather because it's awesome. It's very thick leather and has saved my skin in my motorcycle accident a few years back. I have been thinking about getting a helmet specifically for MBing since I feel my full face helmet is a bit overkill on my little bike. Sure would make for a quiet ride though.

I like the total face protection a full face helmet offers, despite it being overkill I often refer to these bikes as the "poorman's motorcycle", so what better than to completely fit the part : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...003QQitemZ130225911212QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

This is my helmet. I don't care if I look like Pee-wee Herman on my cruiser...It only weighs a bit more than a bike helmet, and much much safer. A bike helmet helps you perfectly if you simply fall off your bike, but if you happen to get hit by a car, I'd much rather have the real helmet on.

As an added bonus, the chrome finish reflects the heat away from my head. It's very comfortable in the hot Florida sun.

It's fun to ride without, but getting killed isn't too much fun, they say...if I was 18 again, I'm sure I wouldn't even be participating in a conversation like this, but I have a wife and son at home...and the rules change. :)

Have fun!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
A riding jacket with the logos and the colors like your on a Ninja may alert the cops that what your on is more than just a bicycle with a helper engine,yo.
I would go with a nice uninsulated leather vest for the summer.
You would still look cool and the leather will offer some protection.

Back