Did I screw up on my wheels?

I got one of these brackets. I have some steel strap that I got from a pallet delivery at work. I think I'm gonna use it to reinforce the part that goes around the fork.
Gazelle Trading Bicycle Cycling Front Rear Wheel Disc Brake Bracket Bike Frame Adapter Mounting Holder 21mm 32mm MTB Bike Disc Adjustable Brakes Bracket https://a.co/d/4Gb4h5A

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Btw why do they say don't use rim brakes?
You really need to read the ad you ordered from...They tell you why not to...I am just only one of the people that told them a couple of years ago they needed to do this before they got sued into oblivion...Those mags didn't always come with disk brakes...They do now...lol.

WARNING: MAG WHEELS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH CALIPER BRAKES. USE OF CALIPER BRAKES THAT STOP USING FRICTION PLACED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RIM EDGE MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF THE RIM. ALL MAG WHEELS COME INCLUDED WITH DISC BRAKES AND CALIPERS.

I read it but I wonder is it they made the side walls of rims to thin. I understand a gas bike is faster. But back in the day I had peddle powered bikes around 50 mph down a long road on a mountain I'd peddle up and coast down fun times when I was young and even dumber lol

Passing the time for the run off results I've worked on one campaign for so long then it went into a damn run off lol .

Back