Died&wont start

DieselTech

Local time
9:29 PM
Need some help, went for a ride yesterday & bike ran great not a single hiccup. Today decided to go for ride, bike started went around the block & it died. Never could get it started. Today I disassembled carb & checked it, everything was in order there. Put carb back on & still would not start. So I pulled old carb back off & put a brand new carb on. Bike still wont start, so i checked ohms of magneto its 335 ohms, so that should be ok i think. I checked old coil over a brand new coil and they ohm out the same. Red to black wires on coil, ohm meter read 1.85M ohms on both. Black coil wire to plug wire ohm out at 7.9K ohms. Magneto magnet appears ok & is tight. I never visually could see spark when pushing bike around. Lol not enough hands. What else could I be missing? Could squish have diminished from retorquing cylinder head & compression is to high to start? I'm up for ideas on things to check.

Maybe you could try slapping on another plug you have lying around? Can you feel a difference in compression? Are you sure fuel is getting into the cylinder?

Tried a new plug, just forgot to mention that. ngk br6hix 2 of them. No luck there either.

Well, you need fuel, air, compression, spark, and proper timing to run. If you suspect it's spark then I would make 100% sure by visually seeing it. Maybe the engine is flooded?

They were tight. This thing is a bear to pedal start after last time I torqued head, but its ran since then. I had squish close before engine ever ran. Maybe i need to check squish again?

Back