Diesel engine?

a ht diesel conversion kit! is such a thing possible?

might need a glow plug for starting :) like a model nitro...

this has me thinking but i reckon the conrod would snap :LOL:

all it requires is a rediesigned head... i even have a UNEF 1/4x32, model engine glow plug size tap :) the flat top piston helps.

and an injector. dang! thats the tricky bit!

somewhere my mate has an article on a pumpless injector for small diesels. cant find it on the net. gotta get the right query i guess.

would you buy it if it simply bolted on instead of the stock head? :D

Last edited:
hells to the yeah i would. in a heart beat. especially if it wouldnt be more than 150 with piston, head, injector and plug. It would be even more on the green side of life where everyones headed... brew my own biodiesel and be set. The issue is the injector. i've tried thinking of a way to do that without an expensive computer system but havent come up with anything except a mechanical fuel pump but have only worked on cars with electrically actuated injectors.

the injector is the hard part. could do some sort of diaphgram carb affair with the "pump" designed to mist the fuel in the inlet tract...

has to be run through the crankcase cus of lube issues with a 2 stroke.

start from scratch and redesign a complete engine with inbuilt blower and you could use a standard sumped crankcase... then the injector strikes again!

biggest challenge in small diesels is metering the fuel effectively. were talking fractions of cubic millimetres! 1000 to every cc!

tolerances stay the same if costs are to be kept within reason. and as things get smaller, those tolerances make up larger and larger percentages... so there goes fueling accuracy out the window...

Back