Differences between 48cc, 49cc, and 50cc jugs?

Local time
12:54 PM
hello

Today i am looking for some cylinder jug information for the differences between the fallowing:

48cc cylinder head and jug black and or silver.

Note: the only conclusion i have got from ebay is the 48cc contains a 38mm piston,

49cc/50cc cylinder head & jug combo black and or silver.

Note: i think they both are 40mm across

When speaking in regards of quality and color i here that the black grade stuff is usually more hindering then those of silver grade.

i have read before also that piston shape plays a roll in the overall quality of the ride in performance,
If i am able to find a higher end top end that has 6mm bolt threads i would more then likely be interested in if anyone has any recommendations.

also why is blygo cylinders higher priced then others, is blygo a reputable engine kit or just a china with a name slapped on it?

if your so kind enough please answer all the questions and theories as stated above thank you,

I am aware that my cylinder is expected only to last til spring/ summer and expecting it to blow by then so i am seeking to talli up parts or run a quick legit scam "via kickback card."

since i work for a dealership i can pile up points on my card then trade store only currency for cash trade on my day off,

Last edited:
There are no 49 or 50 cc cylinders they are 48cc 40mm bore,changing the crank and rod from a 38mm stroke to a 40mm stroke makes it 50cc and thats the ONLY way period.All most all the current 48cc piston are flat topped now and it's getting hard to find the older domed top one's,Black or silver makes no difference in quality it's just paint,Look at the casting for uniform fins,straight not wavy,the thickness and area this is where the quality shows.First pic shows the flat top on the right and the older domed on the left,The next pic both stock 48cc heads witch one would you want to use?last pic same thing both stock 48cc but big difference in cooling area.

Attachments

• 2017-09-14 15.19.21.jpg
    2017-09-14 15.19.21.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 2017-09-14 15.25.46.jpg
    2017-09-14 15.25.46.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 2017-09-14 15.27.33.jpg
    2017-09-14 15.27.33.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 201
There are no 49 or 50 cc cylinders they are 48cc 40mm bore,changing the crank and rod from a 38mm stroke to a 40mm stroke makes it 50cc and thats the ONLY way period.All most all the current 48cc piston are flat topped now and it's getting hard to find the older domed top one's,Black or silver makes no difference in quality it's just paint,Look at the casting for uniform fins,straight not wavy,the thickness and area this is where the quality shows.First pic shows the flat top on the right and the older domed on the left,The next pic both stock 48cc heads witch one would you want to use?last pic same thing both stock 48cc but big difference in cooling area.

From what I see the black version is better by fin size but I can tell my top end is an older model it has a dome top piston in addition dome tops are known to have fuzzy port timing a disadvantage over the flat top piston.

I also noticed that the exhaust ports on the silver have far less metal around the edges leading to breakage of the exhaust studs period if one shall have to helicoil them....

by the looks of this I think I was f***ed by miss match from ebay, if I just brought this kit brand new that shows that they where running an older model piston in an updated jug....

is there any difference in bolt spacing? for jug fitment?

No difference in bolt spacing,The domed piston gives higher compression (more power) than the flat top and the piston crown (edge) determines when port opening happens (timming) and both are identical in that sence.

Back