Different batteries in moped

Ahmet

Local time
3:55 PM
Hello people!
I have my 2019 battery laying around and i ordered 3 new ones which are made in 2021.
When we measure my old battery it shows very good performance 80%. And it will reach 100% of its CCA within a few charges.
My question is can i use it with newer ones?
Do i really need to even them all?
My bike and batteries are attached down below.
My bike uses 4 of these 12v 24ah lead acid deep cycle batteries.
I don't have a device to charge only one battery so what can i do?
My old battery is 12v new ones should be 13 or somewhere around.

20210724_010520.jpg

1627212954176.png

1627213014806.png

Last edited:
Four 12v batteries = 48v @ 24ah I Think you should be fine if ya got one 48v 20ah or 30ah battery
IDK if you would have to use a different controller and hook up a display?
Since the bike is made for 4 sla 12v 24ah batteries. I would just buy those again.
In the end 4 sla 12v 24 ah batteries are gonna be way cheaper than buying an E bike bat.

BTW don't mix a new batteries with old batteries. Use all new batteries

Four 12v batteries = 48v @ 24ah I Think you should be fine if ya got one 48v 20ah or 30ah battery
IDK if you would have to use a different controller and hook up a display?
Since the bike is made for 4 sla 12v 24ah batteries. I would just buy those again.
In the end 4 sla 12v 24 ah batteries are gonna be way cheaper than buying an E bike bat.

BTW don't mix a new batteries with old batteries. Use all new batteries
I think I couldn't express myself. Sorry.
Nothing is being upgraded on the bike everything is same. Bike needs 4 24ah batteries and im putting in 4 24ah batteries. Only thing is one of them is made in 2019. And will have no difference than the other 3 batteries after a charge or two.
I am only worried about its voltage it is 12 volts because it is sitting for 3 years and others are 13 because they are new. Now if i connect them to bike and drain them and charge them will they be at the same voltage or do i need to get them all to 12v and charge them evenly before even putting them into bike?

Bad Idea Ya gotta use all new batteries The old battery will hurt the new batteries Don't use one old battery with 3 new batteries.

Back