different fuels, e85 or nitro-methane

Damn state law here in corn country all fuel for on road use must contain a minimum of 10 percent ethanol. Most places sell a "non oxygenated" ethanol free premium but it says right on the pump for off road, small engine, or use in vehicles eligible to be collector only. I've never even heard of it being enforced though.

Damn state law here in corn country all fuel for on road use must contain a minimum of 10 percent ethanol. Most places sell a "non oxygenated" ethanol free premium but it says right on the pump for off road, small engine, or use in vehicles eligible to be collector only. I've never even heard of it being enforced though.
just wait untill they start dying it a diffrent color, then its going to be like offroad diesel all over again.

I wonder if living right near a distribution center on a pipeline has anything to do with the cheap gas around here 👨‍💻

UPDATE!

so, this morning i went out and did a experiment, i mixed up a batch of 40:1 91 gasoline (ethinal free)
and i got out my 40:1 e85.

first differences.
the e85 LOVES to go rich, and i mean rich, i had to drill out the stock jet a lot (believe im close to a #88 jet size now, i used a #65 drill bit)

the e85 i can go with a tighter squish gap ( im running about a .5 squish gap right now, 91 started ticking (spark knock?) , so i used the stock gasket for the 91)

ill have to test out the preformence differences later, as theirs about 3in of snow on the ground (still rode it, with the e85 it feels a bit more torquer on the bottom end, but i think thats do to the increased compression)

overall, im liking the new fuel!
The small gain in the bottom is from the increase in compression witch is needed to run e85 anyway and tbh more comp is required than we can achieve for proper use, it's the same as high octane the flash point is different.With e85 the power density is 24.65 mj/l and regular gasoline is 34.2 mj/l that's a big difference and to get close to equal power from e85 as you found you need alot more,so now you have gained nothing but being able to say you spend more money for it's use js it's your choice but makes no sense to me.

Back