Different Gas Tanks

mellofellow

Local time
7:31 AM
I have noticed that most of the 2-stroke engine kits come with a standard 1/2 gal tank that mounts on the top bar. I reviewing numerous motorized bike projects I have noticed a few bikes that have tanks that are concealed in a bag on the front of the bike or a small barrel type tank mounted behind the seat. Any suggestions on a good source to find different types of gas tanks ie: front tank or a barrel type tank.

E

Egor

The one they use on the front is a GoPed tank I think you can go on there site and find it. There is a integral tank rear rack that is still up on some of the vendors sites you can go to the vendors to the left and look under parts. Have fun, Dave

s_beaudry

Local time
10:31 AM
Ok...

I have a 96 ounce tank that is just a standard lawnmower type fuel tank. I got it off of Ebay for ~$4.00 or so. I bought a rear rack off of Ebay as well for ~$20.00.

I went to Walmart and picked up a plain old lunch bag for about $5.00 and just cut holes in the bottom of the bag and zip tied the tank down thru the bag and onto the rear rack.

I have not had any issues with it coming lose. The bag is a little larger then the tank, so I hide some tools in there as well.

E

Egor

S Beaudry - I love the idea you have for mounting your tank, that is a stroke of genus. With all the ideas available in this forum we could be the smartest bunch around. Is there a chance we could see a pic of the bike? Have fun, Dave

graucho

Local time
9:31 AM
a sportster tank looks nice.

I use 2 gallon sportster tanks on a lot of my mini's. They might look a little large on a bike. But, it could be the coolest thing ever.

Attachments

• grauchosportstertank.jpg
    grauchosportstertank.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 347

s_beaudry

Local time
10:31 AM
Ok...

I have a 96 ounce tank that is just a standard lawnmower type fuel tank. I got it off of Ebay for ~$4.00 or so. I bought a rear rack off of Ebay as well for ~$20.00.

I went to Walmart and picked up a plain old lunch bag for about $5.00 and just cut holes in the bottom of the bag and zip tied the tank down thru the bag and onto the rear rack.

I have not had any issues with it coming lose. The bag is a little larger then the tank, so I hide some tools in there as well.

Give me till tomorrow and I will post pictures of it, I do not have any with the bag installed yet.

I love the clean look of it without it standing out. When I keep my legs straight down on the pedals, the engine gets hidden enough that people stare at me wondering how the bike is moving without pedaling!