Different Gas Tanks

mellofellow

Local time
3:13 AM
I have noticed that most of the 2-stroke engine kits come with a standard 1/2 gal tank that mounts on the top bar. I reviewing numerous motorized bike projects I have noticed a few bikes that have tanks that are concealed in a bag on the front of the bike or a small barrel type tank mounted behind the seat. Any suggestions on a good source to find different types of gas tanks ie: front tank or a barrel type tank.

The one they use on the front is a GoPed tank I think you can go on there site and find it. There is a integral tank rear rack that is still up on some of the vendors sites you can go to the vendors to the left and look under parts. Have fun, Dave

Ok...

I have a 96 ounce tank that is just a standard lawnmower type fuel tank. I got it off of Ebay for ~$4.00 or so. I bought a rear rack off of Ebay as well for ~$20.00.

I went to Walmart and picked up a plain old lunch bag for about $5.00 and just cut holes in the bottom of the bag and zip tied the tank down thru the bag and onto the rear rack.

I have not had any issues with it coming lose. The bag is a little larger then the tank, so I hide some tools in there as well.

S Beaudry - I love the idea you have for mounting your tank, that is a stroke of genus. With all the ideas available in this forum we could be the smartest bunch around. Is there a chance we could see a pic of the bike? Have fun, Dave

a sportster tank looks nice.

I use 2 gallon sportster tanks on a lot of my mini's. They might look a little large on a bike. But, it could be the coolest thing ever.

Attachments

• grauchosportstertank.jpg
    grauchosportstertank.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 365
Ok...

I have a 96 ounce tank that is just a standard lawnmower type fuel tank. I got it off of Ebay for ~$4.00 or so. I bought a rear rack off of Ebay as well for ~$20.00.

I went to Walmart and picked up a plain old lunch bag for about $5.00 and just cut holes in the bottom of the bag and zip tied the tank down thru the bag and onto the rear rack.

I have not had any issues with it coming lose. The bag is a little larger then the tank, so I hide some tools in there as well.

Give me till tomorrow and I will post pictures of it, I do not have any with the bag installed yet.

I love the clean look of it without it standing out. When I keep my legs straight down on the pedals, the engine gets hidden enough that people stare at me wondering how the bike is moving without pedaling!

Back