Different GXH50 engines

waxsurfer15

Local time
12:05 AM
I have been searching online and found two differnt GXH50 engines. One is GXH50QHA (has a 5/8 by 1 1/4 shaft) and a GXH50QXA (5/8 by 1 5/8 shaft). Which one works with the bicycle-engines.com kit? The site does not list this info. Thanks

As far as i know both engines work with bicycle-engines.com's kit...i've never seen anything that suggests otherwise.There's only minimal difference with the shaft length and IF needed(which i doubt) that can be corrected.Grubee gearboxes can also be rotated 90 degrees for rear mounting so their probably using the QXA model.
Please confirm your facts further about this & get back to us. :)

3/8" is quite a bit- I know the 1 1/4" inch works with the Grubee Skayhawk II- it's sitting in my garage.

3/8" is quite a bit- I know the 1 1/4" inch works with the Grubee Skayhawk II- it's sitting in my garage.
Actually i tend to agree with ya...it's probably easier/safer/cheaper to get the QHA BUT if there's a really good reason for it(eg,an excellent one really cheap) the QXA should also be concidered.
I'm still very interested to have it confirmed or denied if either model will work so i'll email BE.com and see what they say;if they know.

fetor56,I have the QXA and it works with the Grubee gearbox,( motorbike #2).louis

I've used both the QXA and QHA with the Grubee gearbox and they both fit with no problem. If I were you I'd go with the QHA because it is cheaper. The QHA comes without a tank (don't need) and minus a kill switch.

I've used both the QXA and QHA with the Grubee gearbox and they both fit with no problem. If I were you I'd go with the QHA because it is cheaper. The QHA comes without a tank (don't need) and minus a kill switch.
Also minus an oil pressure cut-off switch(not that it's really necessary)
RATRODER/Butch....thanks for the info guys...i sent that email to BE.com but was never confident of a reply.

My QHA has the oil pressure switch and wiring for the kill switch- but no kill switch. All I had to do was plug the kill switch provided with the kit into the wires on the engine and it works fine...then replace the switch with a decent one from Radio shack because the proded switch is junk, but that's another topic.

That being said, I bought my engine almost a year ago and they could be slightly different now.

I am glad that we no know that both work- great! Not only are these engines available new, but they have been used in numerous pieces of equipment and it's great to know you can get a used one and have some level of confidence that it will work.

Back