Digital Tachometer settings? "Run Leader"

Risk Man

Local time
7:31 AM
I picked up one of these digital tachs that wrap a wire around the spark plug. There are way too many settings for me. There is a setting called "firing patterns" :
1P1R, 1P2R, 2P1R... etc. Not sure what I am supposed to set it at? My engine is 66CC 2 stroke. Anyone have experience with these devices?

No need to repeat... Wrench you were super clear on the first post. Set it and ran it this morning. Worked as expected. Idle around 2000 (not sure what I should set the idle at?) and ran it up to 4500 at 25mph on this breakin. Only on 20 miles so far. I have a ways to go beforr FOT.
Yeah, I was pretty sure you understood But just for laughs, I made sure someone else was sure you got the memo:LOL:

I had a sun tach and didn't realize it had a 4-6-8 swich and my old Dodge had a 4000 rpm idle and 12k redline until I figured it out...
First time I adjusted the valves on a V twin M/C I adjusted them on the wrong timing cycle.
First I was surprised at how tight they were Then after adjusting the valves I was more surprised that it didn't start.

Lesson learned I'll never do that again :ROFLMAO: Hopefully

Yeah, I was pretty sure you understood But just for laughs, I made sure someone else was sure you got the memo:LOL:
The main reason I wanted you to state which one it is, someone else who might be reading this thread may not know which one to use. Just getting the information out there for future readers.

Back