Digital Tachometer settings? "Run Leader"

I'm installing one on my 53cc four stroke. How many times around the spark plug does everyone suggest wrapping it? Any pictures suggestions about how to keep it in place?, tape?..shrink wrap?

I'm installing one on my 53cc four stroke. How many times around the spark plug does everyone suggest wrapping it? Any pictures suggestions about how to keep it in place?, tape?..shrink wrap?
Wrap it about 4-5 times around the S/P wire.
They suggest tying a half knot then using small zip ties to hold it on but anything will work.
Zip Ties are sure not to come off

No need to repeat... Wrench you were super clear on the first post. Set it and ran it this morning. Worked as expected. Idle around 2000 (not sure what I should set the idle at?) and ran it up to 4500 at 25mph on this breakin. Only on 20 miles so far. I have a ways to go beforr FOT.
1800-2100 rpms for an idle on these. Depends on if it's warmed dup or not. warmed up it should be around 1800 rpms. I know it sounds high, but its a single with a tiny piston and weight. Needs that inertia to stay running. A car idles around 500-1100 rpms because it has a lot more weight to keep it spinning. My motorcycle idles around 1100-1300 rpms( 2000 rpms when cold and choked), but it's also like 7 CG's in displacement, with big counter weights.

1800-2100 rpms for an idle on these. Depends on if it's warmed dup or not. warmed up it should be around 1800 rpms. I know it sounds high, but its a single with a tiny piston and weight. Needs that inertia to stay running. A car idles around 500-1100 rpms because it has a lot more weight to keep it spinning. My motorcycle idles around 1100-1300 rpms( 2000 rpms when cold and choked), but it's also like 7 CG's in displacement, with big counter weights.
The recommended idle speed for a Robin Subaru 35 is 3000 rpm.

Back