Dimensions of U bolt for larger frames?

Emcee

Local time
3:58 AM
Hello,

I have seen the U Bolt clamp that you can buy for larger beach cruiser bikes.

What are the dimensions of it? I'm thinking instead of spending the six dollars on it, I can use the metal plate that came with it and use the larger U bolt clamp.

Or, do I need the plate that comes with the larger U bolt because it's different than the one in the kit?

That plate you posted on your other thread looks similar to the stock plate that came with my kit. It will work (at least it will fit). How well and for how long? No idea.

EDIT:

This is the kit I went with... if I'd seen the Sick Bike Parts one I'd have gone that direction likely. The CNC mounts are nice too but you're not going to find one that supports a 2" downframe (at least I couldn't).

31nhdos5wzL._AC_.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That plate you posted on your other thread looks similar to the stock plate that came with my kit. It will work (at least it will fit). How well and for how long? No idea.

EDIT:

This is the kit I went with... if I'd seen the Sick Bike Parts one I'd have gone that direction likely. The CNC mounts are nice too but you're not going to find one that supports a 2" downframe (at least I couldn't).

31nhdos5wzL._AC_.jpg

Why are their two U bolts? The first set of holes are for the motor mounts, then for the U Bolt. I see you have six holes

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Except you can't mount the motor there because the studs hit the down tube.

I am using the universal mount in question... and you replace the studs with bolts (that come with the kit...not sure why they aren't pictured (though to be honest, the bolts in question COULD have come with my kits universal mount... (and likely did now that I think about it)).

They don't even touch the frame.

I am using the universal mount in question... and you replace the studs with bolts (that come with the kit...not sure why they aren't pictured (though to be honest, the bolts in question COULD have come with my kits universal mount... (and likely did now that I think about it)).

They don't even touch the frame.
Maybe you have a 40mm mount on your engine, it's a bit wider than the 32mm.

Nope. I have the thinner mount of the two that I am aware of on the engine. I will go take pictures. (as soon as my camera battery charges...argh!)

OK... camera charged enough.

May I present...

Exhibit A

Exhibit-A.jpg

I am not the most experienced guy around here, but compared to one of my brothers engines, this one is smaller... so I am running on the assumption it's the smaller of the two standard sizes seen... am I correct on that assumption?

And now, may I present exhibit B...

Exhibit-B.jpg

Please ignore the really bad locktite job (that stuff is so thin and it's hard to get in there vertically. Anyway... those boltheads MAY be touching the frame... but barely. the plate IS sitting on the frame. .

NOTE: I have a 2" downtube...

Back