Dimensions of U bolt for larger frames?

FrizzleFried

Local time
4:06 PM
BTW... looking at those photos I've identified a POTENTIAL issue. I think I need to make sure there is enough slack in those electric wires as they come across the mount... I could see how over time the vibrations could cut in to them if they're too snug.

Nickt919

Local time
5:06 PM
BTW... looking at those photos I've identified a POTENTIAL issue. I think I need to make sure there is enough slack in those electric wires as they come across the mount... I could see how over time the vibrations could cut in to them if they're too snug.
Split a piece of plastic/rubber fuel hose long ways and put on the plate edge where the wire crosses as an insulator

darwin

Local time
If you have a 2in tube, then use a 2in u-bolt. Diameter of the tube, not radius or circumference.

zean

Local time
I remember on the Sick Bike Parts website it said something like: for a 2 inch diameter tube purchase the 2 and a quarter inch U-bolt. I checked the Grainger Industrial Supply website now and it said: for a 2 inch tube purchase the 2 and 7/16 inch standard U-Bolt. Maybe this is because the inner width (or diameter) of the U-bolt has to be a little bit larger than the tube diameter so that the "U" or curved portion of the bolt will conform or fit more closely around the tube.