Dimensions of U bolt for larger frames?

BTW... looking at those photos I've identified a POTENTIAL issue. I think I need to make sure there is enough slack in those electric wires as they come across the mount... I could see how over time the vibrations could cut in to them if they're too snug.

BTW... looking at those photos I've identified a POTENTIAL issue. I think I need to make sure there is enough slack in those electric wires as they come across the mount... I could see how over time the vibrations could cut in to them if they're too snug.
Split a piece of plastic/rubber fuel hose long ways and put on the plate edge where the wire crosses as an insulator

If you have a 2in tube, then use a 2in u-bolt. Diameter of the tube, not radius or circumference.

I remember on the Sick Bike Parts website it said something like: for a 2 inch diameter tube purchase the 2 and a quarter inch U-bolt. I checked the Grainger Industrial Supply website now and it said: for a 2 inch tube purchase the 2 and 7/16 inch standard U-Bolt. Maybe this is because the inner width (or diameter) of the U-bolt has to be a little bit larger than the tube diameter so that the "U" or curved portion of the bolt will conform or fit more closely around the tube.

That plate you posted on your other thread looks similar to the stock plate that came with my kit. It will work (at least it will fit). How well and for how long? No idea.

EDIT:

This is the kit I went with... if I'd seen the Sick Bike Parts one I'd have gone that direction likely. The CNC mounts are nice too but you're not going to find one that supports a 2" downframe (at least I couldn't).

31nhdos5wzL._AC_.jpg

Nice work.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back